ahhhh ba!@#$!@$erd car, gear box removal

N

NISM0

any bods got diagrams for removing box and clutch as my cluch seams to now want to slip under max duress in 3rd(it could be my driving but i don't think so), i'm runnig bout 300 dinoed, cluch seems lots lighter than my other r, don't want a paddle as thay two dont last long so want heavy duty clutch for fast road use, any one got any ideas of make and price, plus lightend flywheel??? :p :shock: al my pain do2er

cheers

O

Odin

The easiest way of doing it is to drop the whole lot IE engine and box together, Its a pretty straight forward job if you have the right tools, I've done this 3 times now :wink: , First time is pretty hard because you don't know what your doing, but it gets easier the more often you do it :D .

Once you've got it dropped you just have to un bolt the box and transfer case and jobs a good en :wink: .

rob

geetee

RPS Street Max and Fidanza flywheel - great once you get used to the springyness at the biting point and that the clutch takes up so quickly :)

Makes you pay attention to matching your rpm to your road speed when changing gear.... specially with nismo engine mounts - not a bad thing to be honest :D

Rated to 475 ft/lb.

Running about 300bh on mine with no worries at all.

Can't remember how much I paid now, got a bundle price from SRB Performance about 18 months ago.

Cheers
Graham 8)

ki_saj_ng

like rob said, drop the whole lot mate, its not at all difficult.

done it 3 times myself, will be putting one in for the second time next thurs, its a doddle really...

if your stuck, download the guide off the home page, breaks it down for you step by step!

Mr GTiR

Did this last sat afternoon. Myself with John aka Uncle Winnet and Matt Oliver (ex gtir) owner only took 4 hours from lifting the bonnet to dropping the engine and splitting the box and diff off.

Mr GTiR

ex-gtir said:
did you get it back in if so top speed guys
nar Mike, that's dropping it out.

It took me 3 hours to label, bag parts and strip it down to a block today.