After 5 years im back

Animaldaz

Also says it's got a 3.5 " mongoose! It's unclear what power it's actually running, the heading says 390+ but in the advert it says it's needs setting up? And no mention of a bigger turbo that would be needed for that bhp.

chrisniss91

i asked him what turbo he's running and i got the answer I dont know. GREAT so what else doesnt he know about.... Think i'll leave that one alone, shame it does look nice.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Well, it'd be a calculated risk. It might be for sale because he's shagged it playing with all the settings and dragging off his mates... but it could be that there's nothing wrong, and he's discovered that he can't get insurance for it.

I think I'd leave it too, but it's a gamble; could be there's a cracking car that needs about half an hour with someone who knows what they're doing.

M

markwashington

If it's an ND built engine the turbo would depend on which rebuild he/the person that had the engine rebuilt went for. Norris are fantastic with their information if you give them the engine number they'll tell you about the car, I've got an ND engine in mine and they've been super helpful with any qestions I've had. I would worry if he doesnt have the paperwork, if he does that'll give the details of everything Norris did to the car. I saw it and didn't think it was too expensive, but then saw it needed stuff doing to it, with an R you never know what 'a bit of work' constitutes. I only paid a bit more for mine and it's totally set up and didn't need anything doing (except replacing the alternator and battery as the car hadn't been used for a while). Keep looking, it's worth waiting.

Smo

I wouldn't trust the seller of that as far as I could throw him, and that would put me off any car.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
do i have to be a paid up member to post pic's?
No, but you do to have an avatar etc.

You need to <go advanced> and then click on the icon of a mountain (it's a picture). Obviously you need to host the photos somewhere first.

chrisniss91

And the spec copied from sadsack's post.

MOMO gear knob
Blitz induction kit
Moddified induction pipe run
z32 Afm
5'' mongoose tip, too bloody loud for a daily driver
3" straight through
3'' Ssteel turbo elbow n front pipe
Multi layer gasket exhaust gasket
Helix organic clutch
ARC bov
Plug cover painted to match rocker cover
Hybrid FMIC
Front bumper cut to suit and mesh blacked out
Samco intercooler hoses in red
Uprated copper/brass radiator
Red coolant pipes
Samco rear engine hoses in red
Walbro uprated pump
Apexi AVCR set at 0.8 bar and 1.15 bar (set at 1bar with 3071 tub for now)
Silkolene 10w 50 in engine!!
Silkolene syn 5 in gear box n diffs
The usual new nissan parts, cv boots, dizzy, rotor and leads
Tein supersport coilovers
Tein pillowball top mounts
Front Wilwood 4 pot 310mm & Green stuff ebc pads
Braided brake hoses
700cc injectors
GT 3071turbo
New standard rear rotors and pads
Cusco front strut brace painted green to suit TEINS
Cusco oil catch tank / removed for now
Battery moved to boot
Battery distribution box where battery used to be
Washer bottle moved to opposite side
Rota slipstreams 8X16" with toyo T1R 225/45/16
Hei black wheel nuts
NISMO style mudguards
Rear lights smoked
All body work done inc
New rear arches
All dents removed
All rust treated/cut out and replaced
Tailgate lock removed
Respray in copper black pearl

pulsar craig

check the rear suspension turrets as when martin owned it they were in a bit of a bad way, think this was one of the reasons he sold it, he was gonna do a full underbody resto on it untill he spotted them, then he was on about reshelling it and the possibility of breaking it, but opted to sell it in the end

it may have been sorted now tho but worth checking, having said that it was always very well looked after and was never left wanting anything

chrisniss91

check the rear suspension turrets as when martin owned it they were in a bit of a bad way, think this was one of the reasons he sold it, he was gonna do a full underbody resto on it untill he spotted them, then he was on about reshelling it and the possibility of breaking it, but opted to sell it in the end

it may have been sorted now tho but worth checking, having said that it was always very well looked after and was never left wanting anything
They've been done, gregg showed me that work.