Advice on g/box and engine oil

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'd probably just put 75W90 gear oil in both, but the important thing is to use something suitable for synchromesh transmissions in the gearbox (which probably means GL-4). - If not you'll just crunch gears.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I tend to use the Silkolene (now Fuchs) esther fully synthetic in mine. - I like the idea of that better than a synthetic olefin, but I'm not sure if it really makes a difference.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I typically buy it from Opie oils, but I keep thinking that Fuchs is only in Hanley so it's crazy to ship the oil to Cornwall and back to Stoke.

shroom

Well at least its created two pages of posts on the forum, I'm sure everyone could search most of the time but lets not be too pedantic about it lol

Dangerous Dave

To be fair isn't that the point in the forum and like you said Tom it's created 2 pages.

So now the question is what oil did you go for?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Well at least its created two pages of posts on the forum, I'm sure everyone could search most of the time but lets not be too pedantic about it lol
That's the point, he didn't even need to search, he came into the "Oils" forum to make a post and the answer is right in front of him, two thread up.

Gaskell

yep in pounds... not how much oil to put in...

Fast guy.... can you tell me where on that link is says about the price people are paying for it??

struggling to find it... hence me saying where is the cheapest place??

:D

Last edited: