ABS light stuck on with Wilwoods

PaulB

Hi folks,
I have just fitted my 310mm wilwoods, they seem a crackin bit of kit, pretty pleased at them. I have a problem with the abs light. When i start the engine up it goes off and all is fine, then when i drive off it comes on and stays on, this is without touching the brake pedal at all.

Any ideas?

O

Odin

it sounds like one of your wheel sensors is f*cked matey, mine does the same thing......

Rob

O

Odin

abyss said:
just take the abs fuse out. The system is shite on these cars.

That really is a rubbish response matey :roll: , If the ABS light doesn't come on and go out it will fail its next M.O.T :cry: , He needs to find the problem and fix it properly, To tell someone to pull the fuse is not the right thing to be saying :der: ....

Be warned though that a new wheel sensor is £300+ from Nissan, And I wouldn't trust a second hand one as far as I could chuck it :cry: :roll: ....

Rob

abyss

Thunder God said:
That really is a rubbish response matey :roll: , If the ABS light doesn't come on and go out it will fail its next M.O.T :cry: , He needs to find the problem and fix it properly, To tell someone to pull the fuse is not the right thing to be saying :der: ....

Be warned though that a new wheel sensor is £300+ from Nissan, And I wouldn't trust a second hand one as far as I could chuck it :cry: :roll: ....

Rob
lol ok no probs its defo a wheel sensor, try and finds a good contion second hand hub with the sensor intact this may fix it. I.E ask if you can fit the hub to see if the light goes off. Sometimes another common problem is the rubber that goes to the sensor splits.

It wasn't a rubbish response just the truth about the abs on these cars better off without it.

O

Odin

abyss said:
better off without it.

I 100% agree with you fella, And that's why I'll be scrapping mine when I take the engine out this time ;-) .....

Its just that for someone wanting to fix their system, Suggesting that they take the fuse out isn't very helpful is it :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....

Rob

maz

mine did the same mate, but i havnt bothered to try and fix it yet, i just unplugged the ABS and got on with it.

is the ABS on these cars that bad? i mean ok u wouldnt want it for doing track days, but is it not even worth leaving on from a safety point of view? does it stop you skidding in the wet?

PaulB

thanks guys,
is there any way on knowing what side is what?? I was pretty careful fitting the kit, no hammers in site or anything, just a spanner and ratchet, im wondering if its come out. Is it just an electrical connection and a sensor ?

thanks

PaulB

As you clearly can't be arsed to search for yourself....... tricky as it is.....
Try typing ABS fault in the search titles only and nowt comes up !!

Thanks for the help anyway :)