4 Pots on Rear?

billy187

Right ive got a set of ap 4 pots with discs of the front of a gtir that i want to put on the rear of my car.....what am i going to need to do to get it all working?

stumo

arn't you a clever lad :roll:
Yup 8)

Did you really have to ask that question? :der:

Do you have any idea what you'll need to do to fit them?

What are you going to do about a handbrake (assuming it's a roadgoing R )?

billy187

ive got the hydraulic handbrake bit sorted, just wanted to know if it was just a case of getting new brackets made up or new discs aswell...

Last edited:

tomble

Hydraulic handbrakes fail the MOT dont they?

Its pretty obvious you'll have to make up brakets and generally piss around with it from start to finish.

Tom

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
just wanted to know if it was just a case of getting new brackets made up or new discs aswell...
Have you re-calculate the volumetric area of the front caliper and add a rear caliper with the correct volumetric area to regain your original bias?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
The popular Welsh ale?
Well, normally beer and cars don't mix... but I'm quite suggestible, so if you say I need to drink a pint or two before I play with my brakes, then I won't argue. :thumbsup:

Mr GTiR

4 pots will be overkill for the rear and you will end up making the car unstable while under hard breaking. The first time you slam on at speed you'll end up looking the wrong way down the road as the arse end will step out on you and spin the car.

If you insist on fitting them make sure you fit an adjustable brake bias.

The only reason you would have 4 pots on the rear is if you had 10 pots on the front or for that "bling" factor down at the local Maccies

Last edited:

geoff pine

You then still have the problem of making the hand brake work as hydraulic hand brakes will not pass the mot .

npulsar

Braded lines, better rear pads and a 300mm disc conversion would be a good start!
i agree with you and mr gtir/andy.
the 300mm rear kit has been spot on for me
front dont dive down anymore as iv got 308mm 4 pots on the front. feel i have a very good balance now.:thumbsup:

Mr GTiR

I've got 4 pot's up front and when run with standard rear brakes, hard braking on track was a nightmare as it would "squirm" but since I fitted the 300mm rear's it's been spot on. Done 2 track days with this set up and the car feel well balanced now under hard breaking. Also, got carbon pads on the rear which are great. IMO, 4 pots up front with 300mm rears is more than enough for a high powered R.