4 pots and wheel bolts.advice needed.

pete-r

ok ,fitted my wilwood 4 pots ,discs,and braided hoses today.when i tried to mount the wheel back on,guess what :oops: .yep,the caliper was about a cm to big so i put in a hub spacer and now the wheel fits on nicely.i managed to tighten the wheel nuts about 5-6 turns each,is this enough?

G

GAZ P

No :!: You will find the bolts only on about 2 threads :cry: Get some longer wheel studs try some of profesional alloy wheel suppliers :)

GINGA

Nope just remove the calipers and discs hammer out the old studs then pull the new studs back in using the wheel nut and a spacer between the nut and hub :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Will they come out on the car or do you need to strip the hub down and do it off the car?

Shaun

:wink: I was going to fit longer studs to my 'R' when i first had it as someone told me that with coilovers,i couldnt get 17's on :wink: :oops: Searched around for someone to supply them and no one could as they are not a standard shouldered stud and would have to be made :shock: Cheapest price i got quoted for was £250 for 16 or 1000 pieces :shock:

skiddusmarkus

If you don't have enough thread on the nut it will sheer off as I had happen to me after a numpty Kwik fit type place laser aligned my car and didn't tighten the nuts up enough.
I bought longer studs for mine for this reason as my track wheels are too close to the caliper.It cost me about £80 for the studs,nuts and locknuts(maybe bt more it was ages ago).They're a Vauxhall fitment hence me needing new nuts as the pitch is different to ours.
Try searching on longer wheels studs for the place I got them or the Yahoo group as the info is on there too.