4 Pot Calipers

Nick K

Hi All.
Quick question. The 4 pots i got with the pulsar which are currently in the boot! i have identified today as being from a Jaguar XJ V12 5.3l. Is this a normal 4 pot mod using this Jaguar XJ caliper?! The pads currently fitted in them are ferodo DS2500 which was a nice bonus.
Cheers Nick,

gtir_pimp

If you mean normal as in what most people use then no. Popular choices are hi specs or k sports I would say. Never heard of anyone using the jag brakes but as long as they fit will be a good upgrade over standard. There are other brands of brakes too like wilwoods, brembos, etc

Nick K

I'm assuming they came off the pulsar as they have the pulsar brake hoses on them still. The disc is the split type also, I'll put some pictures up if they fit back on to car ok with measurements of the disc etc, Cheers Nick.

Jon Olds

If they fit, use them. Jags are heavy old beasts and 2500's are decent pads. Should be good. Let us know how you get on
Jon

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Look like Godspeed 2 piece discs, will be a simple and effective system as long as the calipers are free and working. The "G" symbol on the calipers prob means Girling, as in the the jaguar British part manufacturer "Lucas Girling" as it became.

Jon Olds

Quite a wide caliper, maybe fitting questions arising out of.
A little trick you may want to think about. (I don't condone/encourage this as safe/good practise)
It is possible to make little top hats that fit onto the piston to allow the use of narrower discs than the caliper was designed for without running with a caliper of spongy fluid. Also useful to use up half spent pads. I use this 'trick' with moderate success on my AP' fronts
Jon

Gtir123

Sorry for hijack
but will s14 four pots fit on..? Or is it just fto ones that bolt straight on as got a spare pair of s14a ones

Nick K

Look like Godspeed 2 piece discs, will be a simple and effective system as long as the calipers are free and working. The "G" symbol on the calipers prob means Girling, as in the the jaguar British part manufacturer "Lucas Girling" as it became.
Yes they Fit :thumbsup:

IMAG1146.jpgIMAG1144.jpgIMAG1147.jpgIMAG1148.jpgIMAG1151.jpgIMAG1152.jpg

Today was brakes day...........

As you can see they do fit just.... Needs a 5mm spacer as wheel spokes are catching caliper but apart from that all is good.. Had to redrill the hub holes out to 12mm. Alloy wheel is 17"

IMAG1133.jpg

Next will be to bleed them. see if the master cylinder has survived its 7 years sleep!