3rd gear

A

Anonymous

Once my pulsar has warmed up it grinds in 3rd gear almost everytime, the other night it struggle 2 get in to 1st and second but its fine now.. Do U reckon i need a new gearbox?

A

Anonymous

Sammy said:
Once my pulsar has warmed up it grinds in 3rd gear almost everytime, the other night it struggle 2 get in to 1st and second but its fine now.. Do U reckon i need a new gearbox?
sounds like the synchro`s on 3rd are def fooked.could be a multitude of things for 1st and 2nd.

a strip and rebuild is in your future me thinks :shock: :cry:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Grinding into 3rd sounds like a worn baulk ring...

Labour to remove the gearbox and take it apart and putting it back is about £320... Just add cost of parts needed on top of that...

A

Anonymous

Do U know anyone who could do it? There's no japanese performance garages round my way..

A

Anonymous

Sammy said:
Do U know anyone who could do it? There's no japanese performance garages round my way..
where abouts are you :?:
loads of places all over the place can do it :!:

A

Anonymous

Sammy said:
Southend (essex)
nistek,or whatever they are called now :wink: ,are in essex and should be able to cope with that no problem.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You could always put up a post in the South East section as I'm sure plenty of them lot will know of a few places...

paz

also it depends when its grinding, and what you mean by every time..... before I'd got used to my R I was changing down to third from 5th (which the synchro doesn't like)..... also if your changing from 4th to third at higher speeds (e.g to accelerate quickly) then you need to blip the throttle before you out it in gear and it should just slide in.

If its crunching going up through the gears then I'd guess its one of the problems above.

Paz

ex-gtir

i would try changeing the oil first as you said it when its warm try using the redline oil
cheapest opion to start
mike

A

Anonymous

I think the gearbox has totally gone now, it goes in gear but it wont pull off in any gear except 3rd.. It also wont come out of gear so it always stalls..