350 bhp??

Don't get a Mines mate, I made that mistake. I now have a fully forged engine that I will be taking to Ed to get re-mapped properly. Don't cut any corners with these cars, it will bite you in the ass later. Even if you only want 300hp, get it mapped still then you know it's all good.
Get it mapped on the fuel you intend to use every day also....people whack in SUL and octane booster to try and get a good power figure, then run the car a few weeks later on normal fuel......not good.

wrc

Nothing wrong with a Mines at all. It will be another contributing factor that has caused you problems.

Too much ign advance, weak fuel pump or wiring - people forget these things.

yer true mate, but that's why if I got it mapped properly all those things would have been noticed.
The Mines was desgined a long time ago to run on a healthy Pulsar with 100RON fuel @ 1.2bar supposedly. I ran mine at 1.1 on Tescos 98RON fuel for about 5 months after re-build and in the end started having problems. When I got it apart the pistons were knackerd and it was obvious things were getting very hot in there. Still, all rebuilt now and fully forged, can't wait to take it to Ed lol.

wrc

Yeah the Mines will work but only if everything else does as you say.

It can be a good cheap compromise for a bit more drivability if you can afford a full ecu setup.

craigcarlon

see i dont even know what fuel it was mapped using! i use the same as u ron.. tesco 98.. if it was mapped with say 95 would it do any damage to run it on 98? also its mapped at 0.6 so if i run a bar does this meen the car doesnt even have a map to run a bar? i need to get my car back together this weekend and start over again with a new map so i know exactly what the car is doing, i will more than likely stick with what fusion ed is saying tho and take it to him in the neer future

P

pulsarboby

no disrespect to you fella but i would just take it to ed or someone who knows what there looking at.
if its been mapped previously then it obviously has some kind of aftermarket / piggyback ecu already fitted to car as stock ecu is an unmappable unit with stock daughterboard fitted.

either youve been fed a load of bull by the previous owner (as there is no need for map at .6 bar) 1bar will be fine on stock ecu also with uprated pump fitted assuming ignition and fuelling are problem free!

craigcarlon

"i will more than likely stick with what fusion ed is saying tho and take it to him in the neer future"
i have the printouts for my car so i know its been mapped at that the ecu has jamsport on it

The Pulsar is 0.7bar mate standard....why would someone map it to 0.6bar when the standard ECU does 0.7 from the factory (and up to a bar like Bobby said).
The higher octane fuel just gives you less chance of the engine knocking (basically without going into all the details), putting in a higher octane fuel than what it was mapped on won't do any harm, but it will/can the other way round.