350 bhp??

craigcarlon

im looking to get 350bhp out of my R.. i was wondering if anyone has a tuning guide in stages? or just a little info on what i need to do to reach 350.. at the moment its running 265 @ 0.6 with the usual bolt on bits n bobs ( 4branch, fmic, etc.. ) and what are the limits of the t28 turbo? also.. do i need to purchase rocker stoppers??
cheers
craig

P

pulsarboby

youll need
bigger turbo
z32afm
bigger injectors.....550cc upwards
mappable ecu
uprated clutch
255lph fuel pump such as walbro etc

anything above 330 aint cheap!

craigcarlon

cheers dude.. so do u reckon id get away with keeping the original turbo if i settled for 330? id be quite happy with 330!
ive been looking into ecu's and ive been advised off a friend to go for DTA

also.. how well does the standard gearbox handle that sort of power??

wrc

300-330bhp (turbo and engine condition dependant)

Walbro + Permanent feed from battery
Good clutch
Good exhaust (and elbow would help)

A good service etc

And the only expensive ish bit is a mappable ecu, a good mapper and some time on the rollers. Easy.

As bob said, anything over that gets into big money.

Or you could just buy my near 400bhp car lol

Enjoy.

craigcarlon

well the geerbox feels nice and tight but ill get it looked over before i do anything to it.. im just going to run it as it is at the moment so i can have some fun in her because its doing my head in not being able to drive her :( shes in a few pieces as the engine bay was ratty to say the least

my friend has just started at chip wizards and wayne who owns it is a good mapper but the only problem is he doesnt have a 4wd roller, but were hoping his friend will let him use his.. if not then guess ill be getting my wallet out ..

sorry wrc but as much as id love to i cant :doh: ..... even tho all ive got from my R is achy balls and an empty wallet im rather attached :der:

Fusion Ed

If your car is good example, then fuel pump. boost controller, evo injectors, and then me for a remap ;)

snoon

Best advise I give anyone is to ditch the aircon and get a custom 3" exhaust elbow, and decent exhaust - it makes a massive difference in spool time and overall power.

I'd say as a minimum -
FMIC
Walbro pump
Decent clutch
Exhaust & elbow/downpipe
Bigger injectors
Nistune chip in standard ecu

I got over 330BHP with the above and 1.4 Bar

craigcarlon

hi, ive had the car for 3 months ish, its got a fmic, air con removed, walbro pump, excedy clutch, it has a pipe but im not sure what it is but im looking at buying a new one at the moment.. its mapped at 0.6 and ive ran it at 1.0 and the clutch deals with it well..

are you running the standard turbo on 1.4?
would you advise rocker stoppers? also are they a ball ache to fit??
cheers

Fire & skill

Vintage member
i bar should see you at 280 ish anyways, in the past most folks have just fitted an safc and tweaked it up so you can run 1.1bar. If you are only wanting 300 ish bhp then your standard tubby and injectors will be fine, just be sure to get your fuelling checked.

you could always just buy a MINES ecu?

craigcarlon

300 would do me fine (for now i reckon) .. without sounding like a tit what exactly is a safc? where would i buy i mines ecu? and what are the gains etc? i reckon im goin to run it as it is with a new map a it was last mapped in 2010, ive had it serviced, removed most parts and either cleaned them up (or should i say put them back to where they should have been lol) or replaced them, replaced most hoses as the engine bay was like a scrap yard.. do you think i should get the injectors tested?? cheers dude:lol:

craigcarlon

i see, its an air & fuel controller.. i have a greddy profec B, is that completely differant? i know it controls the boost

Fusion Ed

Craig, ignore the SAFC. Way too old and now redundant. 90% of the power gained in the pulsar is done by remapping the ignition in the ECU. The stock map can be VASTLY improved upon and thus real gains will be found this way. Not only top end power but significant amounts of mid range too.

I'm yet to see ANY other ECU (mines etc) that really improves the ignition map, they all do the same. If you want to know what I mean read here: http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/...japanese-upgraded-stock-ecus-an-analysis.html

Any questions drop me a message, I've been working with the ecus on these cars for close to 10 years.

craigcarlon

ok dude thanks for your help again, i think im goin to have to pop down and see u at some point soon
thanks again ed