nismo-400R

what other mods would you need?my engine is stock i believe,ive got front mount,front oil cooler,boost controller,full goose,z32,apexi filter,running stock manifold though,koyo rad,clutch ive got all them things,grade 8 plugs,

nismo-400R

forgot to mention got a walbro,and sard 700cc,im running 510 evo injectors at mo,i had the car mapped over the weekend by steve@fctuning which he did a great job mappping it and highly recommend him made such a difference to the car,it made 350bhp with 325ft lb,but i need a 4inch inlet of the turbo steve said as im getting compresser surge has anyone else had this problem,i have the turbo mentioned in the first post

Last edited:

Fusion Ed

You don't need a 4 inch at all. Your probably just having the typical boost resonance which you always get with 3071's at around that power (and more) with stock pipework. You can solve it but that's down to your tuner to sort out, and you don't need a 4 inch inlet or an external gate.

BTW I made over 460 on a stock manifold.

gtirjoey

same turbo as me mate and many others on here steve done a good job with my car stay with him he a good guy.
have you got the 3071 fitted what boost? btw i have 2.75 inch inlet with 86ar on standard manifold and turbo elbow

Fusion Ed

Odin said:
I would of thought that it's the standard elbow and the goose causing some of the problems.

Rob
No true, it was not standard elbow. The exhaust was however only a 2.5 inch and did show up as quite a noticeable restriction.

Fusion Ed

gtirjoey said:
same turbo as me mate and many others on here steve done a good job with my car stay with him he a good guy.
have you got the 3071 fitted what boost? btw i have 2.75 inch inlet with 86ar on standard manifold and turbo elbow
Not sure if that was for me to answer? anyway, I don't drive a pulsar but have mapped 100+ over the last 5 or so years (cant remember now), and sold a great deal of 3071s. It required 2 bar boost to make the 460 but would have done so with less given a decent 3 inch exhaust.

nismo-400R

yeh got the turbo fitted,1,3bar,if your turbo can make 400+ so should mine as its same,are you running the goose to gtirjoey

Last edited:

gtirjoey

not particually come to think of i ported manifold slightley and ground away the bit in the middle where it bolts to turbo might be worth trying that?

nismo-400R

you running a forged engine joey?what are the best plugs to be running im running ngk iridium 8's,i wanna get another manifold i was gonna get the one from full-race.com but cant find it anymore

Last edited:

gtirjoey

nismo-400R said:
what are the best plugs to get,im using ngk iridium 8's,would 9 be better?
I got forged pistons etc mate i run the denso irridiums they do me fine never had any problems!