3071 turbo (pics needed

turbodaily

has anybody got some pics of a 3071 turbo on the stock manifold (engine bay pic)

just wanna see what people have done regarding boost pipe fitment and inlet pipe.

cheers guys

Fazz

ok not the best pics but I'm outta space..

You will need to remove the drivers side fan.
And depnding on where you got turbo may need to make a bracket to fit actuator.

Inlet is straight forward on mine anyway, helped by my intercooler pipes going underneath..

Attachments

turbodaily

cheers fella. what size pipe do you need to join the intercooler pipe to the compressor housing? is it 1 size or do you need a reducer pipe?

cheers mate

O

Odin

turbodaily said:
cheers fella. what size pipe do you need to join the intercooler pipe to the compressor housing? is it 1 size or do you need a reducer pipe?

cheers mate

It depends on what sized inter cooler pipe work you are using ?, The most common is the hybrid inter cooler style kits which use a 2.5" pipe work, In which case you would need a 2" to 2.5" samco reducer after cutting off the end that would of bolted to the standard turbo.

If you buy one of these cooler kits from ebay they come with a reduced end that will bolt to the standard T28, But if you want to use this with your new GT3071R then you will need to cut it off where it changes to the 2.5" section if you get my drift.

Hope this helps.

Rob

turbodaily

yeah i see just cut off the flange part of the pipe. im running a forge intercooler kit, guessing the pipe size is the same as the hybrid kits..

O

Odin

I'm not sure if the forge kit uses smaller pipes or not, I did have a forge kit myself but I can't remember the pipe dia now.

Rob