300bhp GTiR running problems

D

Darren-gtir

Ive only had my GTiR since wednesday and its already at the posting problem stage :doh:

Spec list of the gtir is:

*Full engine rebuild (with receipt)
*Skyline front mount intercooler
*Alloy boost pipes (spec r)
*Hks blowoff valve
*Blitz air filter
*Moongoose full system (Turbo back)
*Magnecor 8.5mm H.T leads
*MSD uprated coil
*Norris designs group A fuel pump
*Sard fuel pressure regulator
*Norris designs oil cooler ( cooled where the intercooler used to sit
*Apexi S-AFC
*Blitz ECU
*Valve work
*HKS boost controller
*HKS metal head gasket
*Blitz irridum plugs
*Samco hoses throughout and silicone vacuum pipes. braided over hosing
*Powder coated rockercover
*Alloy power steering tank
*Blitz oil and radiator caps

I left the car in the hands of someone last night while I was out in town and got it back today and its running like shite.

He was playing with my boost controller, turbo timer and the apexi and now am getting beeping from the turbo timer (manual says thats a warning!!!) the exhaust temp gauge is getting up to 7/8 and beeping too, isnt running smooth at all anymore.

Guessing am going to have to get it set up but where ? Am in aberdeen...

My apexi was reading different figs aswel.. today they was like..

at all times the top AFL is reading 0.0%??? and the bottom fig was at around 725 last few days but now going into +0.25 etc??

Last edited by a moderator:

olliecast

I left the car in the hands of someone last night while I was out in town and got it back today and its running like shite.

He was playing with my boost controller, turbo timer and the apexi

:jaw::tape2:

Anyway, back to the problem;
sounds like he`s definately messed something / everything up. Especially if egt is geting high. i`d get it setup and drive very very cautiously until it as to avoid melting a nice newly built engine

Last edited:

EVOBAD

thats what happens i would never leave my car with anybody else ,u only play with controllers if u no what your doing & your mate doesnt

lee lee

:doh::doh:

why oh why did you leave it with him then lol???

:phone: him and he can pay for the fooker :lol:

P

pulsarboby

surely the old rule applies here if you lend someone something!!!

you break it you pay for it, simple!
mate or no mate he shouldnt fcuk about with things he knows nothing about, so hit him where it hurts 'his pocket'

GTiR-Aholic

Spot on comments I think.. Darren mate if I had just bought a car last week and someone did that to me, even if it was my gf.. She'd have to cough up one way or another.. :cool: lol

As Bobby said.. You Break It.. You Pay For it!

Anyways, back to the question.. Just done a quick Google search and found Wallace Performance in Aberdeen (if you've heard of them?).. can't comment on how good they are but it's a start..

http://www.wallaceperformance.co.uk/

Goodluck.

stumo

surely the old rule applies here if you lend someone something!!!

you break it you pay for it, simple!
mate or no mate he shouldnt fcuk about with things he knows nothing about, so hit him where it hurts 'his pocket'
and kick him in the bollox first:roll:

GTiR-Aholic

Gosh, if this is what you get for pissing around with someones controllers and messing up his car.. I hate to think what those mugs would get for pouring paint stripper on that other dudes black R.. :roll:

GTiR_Mic

Not sure if you got the car sorted mate but take the car to Russ at Wallace Performance.

He is probbaly the best guy in the area, he mapped my Evo 6.

Also for general work they are spot on as well.

Mic