****3" Exhaust*****

ashills

right with the help of andy ( mrgtir) and blue flame (the guys who make the mongoose exhausts) weve managed to come up with a good deal for the pulsar owners

they said if there is enough interest that they will build a 3" version of the mongoose with the normal choice of tail pipes or can do a 4.5" titanium tip.
Price is about 300+VAT for the normal tail pipes or 40 quid extra with 4.5 tip

also ive spoke to them about producing a dump pipe as they have experience in this sort of fabrication hopefully they will be having a good look at andy's car to see what is possible etc

people who are interested should contact
nigel@blueflameperformance.com
please dont email unless u are really interested as we dont want them to go to the trouble of making the jigs etc then no one buying the exhausts

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Well, if they can produce a 3" system in the same style as the existing Mongoose with a normal end can and a 3" elbow/dump pipe then I will definitely have one. :p

Steve

ashills

if that what people want wihich we all no it is then mail him and let him know
we need a fair few people to make it work

skiddusmarkus

Email sent.I want both but might end up getting my own elbow fabricated if these are likely to take a while as I it's a fiddly job to fit it and best done while my engine is out for rebuild.

Mr GTiR

i'm going to phone him on Monday and try and sort out the dump pipe. I think the best option is an 2 1/2" for the main pipe and then a seperate 1" pipe for the Wastgate. These will join back together at the downpipe section.

Might look into an option of making the wastegate pipe vented to atmosphire 8)

Can people please mail Nigel direct to indicate interest and also post on here to confirm.

Regards
Andy

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Personally I think they will find it easier to make a single 3" dump pipe. The difficulty in making the twin pipe is making the seperator inside the pipe, apart from being fiddly to make it would have to match (exactly) all the hybrid turbo's as well as the standard ones.

skiddusmarkus

Hybrid T28's have the same flange as standard ones.The bigger ones will probably have T3 flanges so would need a new elbow anyway.

A

Anonymous

For 300 notes plus vat i'll go for one.

cant wake my dad/neighbours up with the scorpion :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

T

Toady

GINGA said:
I'm interested but I want one quieter than the goose as it does my head in on the motorway :(
get some earplugs! i had to use f1 type ear plugs when driving my mini on long journeys-how the hell i used to do that now i dont know- try holding a conversation with someone with a dirty great webber sucking the air out of the passenger compartment!lol! :lol:

Mr GTiR

Steve - don't think a 3" dump pipe will fit as i have looked into this before. Going to speak to Nigel after and see what they say.

Andy

A

Anonymous

what sort of advantage are we looking at goin from the normal goose to the 3" version?

Mr GTiR

could not get the exhaust off my car this weekend so will have to wait until the weekend before i can get it to Blueflame.... :cry:

i'll let you know more when it happans.

Regards
Andy

$

$ven

anything happening here? Update maybe? Or has this ended for some reason?

Mr GTiR

no not ended, my engine is still not in and hence the delay.

should have it up and running by this weekend....

K

krikra

when is this 3" exhaust going to be ready. Are we talking 3-4 weeks or months.. Realistic please..