2ltr xe nova vs 295bhp gtir

doggydowg

Hiya guys
what is the outcome of this likely to be, ive workd out if my weight is 1.3ton and have 295bhp that give me a p/w ratio of 220ish bhp his car must weigh about 900kg and be around 150-160 bhp which makes him 177bhp per ton.

he keeps banging on about owning the roads and "your pulsar guna get it" usual pub talk i know handling the chova will end up in the nearest ditch when it reaches a corner but speed whise is my bar of boost guna see him off enuff to waurent having spent all my hard earned/borroed money on the gtir;-)

say if we both doing 50 put our boots down in 3rd whats going to be outcome? i realy need to get rid of my 112mph limiter for a private race with this chap as i know the engine does 137 as it used to be mine;-)

Thanks for any imput guys

doggydowg

cool cool i have driven his car before its quick but in a dangerouse all over the road wheel spinn all the time quick kind of way traction will be his main problem especialy round corners.

i am not realy a fan of novas but as farr as wolf in sheeps clothings go this nova is pritty cool, i cant wait to have a little play now.

will be funny to watch him trying to catch me up going round the corners and his heavy 2ltr engine ripping its way threw the bake bean can its sat in;-) il report back he having sum work done to it today in garage and then will see.

i told him last night swap his engine for the turboed let version and then it will be more intresting ;_)

doggydowg

id probably end up stacking the gtir in rain, this being my first 4x4 im realy not to sure of the handling capabilitys of it yet;-)

with all of my front wheel drive cars ive had its very easy to thrash them round corners as you normaly get allot of notice before they are guna slide out as i normaly run std height and wheels as this seems to suit my driving style.

i am not sure i would get any notice in the gtir have a fealing it would just hold and then one day bite back and just spin on me or sumthing could do with testing my limits on some private land somewhere;-)

MarkTurbo

doggydowg said:
i am not sure i would get any notice in the gtir have a fealing it would just hold and then one day bite back and just spin on me or sumthing could do with testing my limits on some private land somewhere;-)
Gti-r's tend to understeer more than anything if you go into a corner too hard :wink:

G

gavmc18

used to have a 2l xe nova and part exchanged it for the pulsar but wen i went to have a shot before i bought it i got my mate to follow me in the nova and the pulsar ate it alive pulsar wasnt much off standard

MarkTurbo

If you've got a standard R dont expect to blow away an xe nova :wink:

When i first got my R and it was standard my Gte 16v used to keep up with it (obviously not from a standing start) and all the astra had done to it was a k&n panel filter and scorpion exhaust, i was p1ssed right off :lol:

houghy_1

I used to have a 2 litre XE Nova.
Damn good fun to show up other "quicker" cars :twisted: :wink:

It was running 171bhp at the wheels,about 196bhp at the flywheel.
That used to kill Type R's, Focus RS's and VX220's if thats any comparison for you.
As far as 160bhp goes,he'd definately keep up with a standard R from a rolling start, but a 295bhp R?
I think you'll safely p.i.s.s all over him.

Post up the result :wink:

Matt

doggydowg

Hes on msn at the mo, just guna connect up the flammer kit that is in the car with wires scatterd around in the boot, il ask him to give me a little race so he can tell me if the flames look good ;-)

maz

shouldnt be a prob for u mate, im running 297 bhp and i come across these type of guys all the time, small cars with big engines, lots of power...all going to the front wheels, novas, crazy bhp renault 5 gt's etc. ive yet to see one that can apply all their power and still hold the road aswell as the R.

c20ona

I built a 2.0 16v XE Nova a few years back and although fairly quick (shell with two seats and an engine, lol), Pulsar could easily have it, and i was / still am running only 7psi boost (Nova was running near 180bhp).
So don't worry about it matey, easy meat. :wink:

Kenny

J

justin666

Speaking of small cars with big engines.... A friend of mine runs an old skool honda civic with a B20 2ltr VTEC engine.. Puts out around 210bhp and its more than a match for a 1 bar R!!! :shock:

Obviously from a standing start there is no contest even with his quaiffe LSD but when rolling its ruddy awsome!!! if I run 1 bar i cant shake him, 1.2 bar and can pull away :D However, the cheatin git has just got hold of a GT30 spec tubby for it so i well and truely expect to get my ass spanked when thats fitted :oops: :oops:

J.

nismoboy

doggydowg said:
Hiya guys
what is the outcome of this likely to be, ive workd out if my weight is 1.3ton and have 295bhp that give me a p/w ratio of 220ish bhp his car must weigh about 900kg and be around 150-160 bhp which makes him 177bhp per ton.

he keeps banging on about owning the roads and "your pulsar guna get it" usual pub talk i know handling the chova will end up in the nearest ditch when it reaches a corner but speed whise is my bar of boost guna see him off enuff to waurent having spent all my hard earned/borroed money on the gtir;-)

say if we both doing 50 put our boots down in 3rd whats going to be outcome? i realy need to get rid of my 112mph limiter for a private race with this chap as i know the engine does 137 as it used to be mine;-)

Thanks for any imput guys
yes all that is true but your foregetting one thing his transfer losses are much smaller than yours gtir 25% and noved fwd 10%

abyss

justin666 said:
Speaking of small cars with big engines.... A friend of mine runs an old skool honda civic with a B20 2ltr VTEC engine.. Puts out around 210bhp and its more than a match for a 1 bar R!!! :shock:

Obviously from a standing start there is no contest even with his quaiffe LSD but when rolling its ruddy awsome!!! if I run 1 bar i cant shake him, 1.2 bar and can pull away :D However, the cheatin git has just got hold of a GT30 spec tubby for it so i well and truely expect to get my bottom spanked when thats fitted :oops: :oops:

J.
Guy up here has a integra type R turbo and it would eat 1.2 bar R easily. Off the line no match but after about 40mph bye bye. Seen it eat a 1 bar pulsar very easily.

B

Big O

some people fail to realise how heavy the r is compared to a nova off the line u should eat it but say on the motorway dont be so certain of yourself

JIMMYBACK

Big O said:
some people fail to realise how heavy the r is compared to a nova off the line u should eat it but say on the motorway dont be so certain of yourself
power is nothing without control............... nova fwd.....no traction :shock: :? and they tend to snake up the run when boosted too :lol: :lol: :lol: lots of but no way mild tuned R beater

maz

Big O said:
alot of modders fail to realize that a little weight is a good thing, as jimmy said the powers nothing without control and thats what a little weight gives, all these nova guys building high powered wheel spinning machines with no back seats :roll: