285mm Discs

GTiR_Mic

Alright folks, Just a quick question what would you's say is the best combonation of dics and pads. Got the Willwood 4 pots on with 285mm discs (They are on thewre way out) with red stuff pads.

Looking to get new discs and pads, what is the best combonation for a good price. Was looking at the 3G/G3 brakes and mintex pads but not checked if they do the 285mm discs.

Michael

N

Ninj-r

Redstuff are ok - require a bit of warming up before they work which means it can be a bit :shock: at times. But they chuck out a vast amount of brake dust. Also don't seem to last very long.

Just my 2p worth

O

Odin

I was looking at some of willwoods prices and could only find 260mm discs so far and they where £69 each. As for pads get some mintex pads you cheap pikey :roll: :roll: .

rob

GTiR_Mic

vpulsar said:
I was looking at some of willwoods prices and could only find 260mm discs so far and they where £69 each. As for pads get some mintex pads you cheap pikey :roll: :roll: .

rob
Ok slow coach, what pads should I get?? Was on the phone to 3G about the brakes they need to get back to me but they do the 285 discs.

Michael

Nad

U'll prob want Mintex 1144's, most places can get them in. Not sure on discs, are the 285's solid or split?

Nad

J

jiw

you will only be able to get the discs from rally design id of thought, pads too, jeff :wink:

P

Pete

thats where i was going 2 say :roll: :roll: RALLY DESIGN 01795531871

N

Ninj-r

You may be able to get on the group buy for brakes (see group buys) you can get 285 or 310mm discs.

I have ordered 310's from them direct and poly Q pads but only the pads have turned up so far :(

GTiR_Mic

Ninj-r said:
You may be able to get on the group buy for brakes (see group buys) you can get 285 or 310mm discs.

I have ordered 310's from them direct and poly Q pads but only the pads have turned up so far :(
Cool, was onto rally design and 3G brakes but I need to get the code of the calipers to see if they can help me.

Michael

N

Ninj-r

They should do 285mm discs - they offer them on the webste (& on the group buy thing). Though it is part of a kit.

However I would have thought that they would have done replacement discs.