2500 rpm

A

andyz

can anyone give me any ideas on this. just recently my cars been getting very hesitant throughout the rev range. ive been runnning it quite low on petrol on a couple of occasions so i thought id just blocked the fuel filter. put a new filter in yesterday, and then the ba stard thing went into limp home mode. its now giving me a code 12 (AFM). the thing is it wont rev above 2500 rpm, which sounds more like a crank angle sensor. it gets up to 2500 rpm and then starts bouncing like its hitting the rev limiter. to further complicate things i took my safc out the other day, and am thinking whether its possible some of the wiring from this is causing the problem. does anyone know the wirng colours on the ecu from the AFM?will regrounding the AFM have any bearing on this?and if my AFM is foooked where can i get a second hand one, and how much, and is it possible just to rip it out of a primera witha sr20 in it?

D

DOT2DOT

The wiring from the maf i think is orange. If your looking at the ecu, its in the 3rd block of pins from the left (on the right of the bit that the plug screws into) , and its the 2nd pin over from the left on the top row.

A

andyz

sorted!the orange wire on the ecu needs to be looped, and i thought id done this the other day, but it had come loose. ive just resoldered it. those bullet connectors are shi t. they always come loose!still running rough tho, but coming up with all clear (55) on fault check. loose hose you think? also whats the solenoid on the front of the engine under the tmic meant to have going into it. mines got just one pipe feeding it from the inlet piping just after the airbox. is there something missing?cheers for your help!!! :D

Fire & skill

Vintage member
andyz said:
sorted!the orange wire on the ecu needs to be looped, and i thought id done this the other day, but it had come loose. ive just resoldered it. those bullet connectors are shi t. they always come loose!still running rough tho, but coming up with all clear (55) on fault check. loose hose you think? also whats the solenoid on the front of the engine under the tmic meant to have going into it. mines got just one pipe feeding it from the inlet piping just after the airbox. is there something missing?cheers for your help!!! :D

thats the std boost solenoid, should be a pipe from a T piece just under it leading from the actuator to the bottom of the top mount.

but if you have a boost controller this has to be disconnected anyways

A

andyz

the piping from the actuator/tmic is a larger size then the stuff coming off the solenoid, and the t piece i have is the wrong size (to small) for the piping off the actuator. do i need a new t piece with connections for 2 of the larger diameter piping and 1 of the small diameter piping?

A

andyz

what if i bypassed the control solenoid and just had a pipe running direct to the actuator from the bottom of the tmic? just wondering cause the t piece the car was fitted with has been removed and discarded when it had the avcr fitted.I thought the actuator would be calibrate to run a set amount of bar?

D

DOT2DOT

The actuator is only set to run half a bar. The solnoid bleeds a bit to bring it up to .7 If you have an avcr, the the solnoid for the avcr should be in the hose between the tmic and the actuator. The standard solnoid can then be discarded + blocked off.