250 kw atw from a GTi-R

A

Anonymous

to answer your question "NO, not possible" with that big sucker of a T67 having producing positive boost for only 2000 rpm aint gonna really produce much power.

jap-jet

the turbo is in the car and all mods listed are finished, not sure about nos yet, looking at new cams, I dont have 18 inch GZERO's(anymore)
thinking about that deal HI Octane have on the forged pistons and rods but i think with the right fueling i wont have a problem....

W

whelanm

ok,

so you have the T67 on teh car now?
Cool, what manifold did you use?

Post some pics.

Are you going to just stick with 18psi?

See in my opinion, you'll really need to run more boost than that to gain the full potential of that turbocharger. 22+psi
And THEN - You'll need to be worried about rods...

Michael

:D

jap-jet

yeah its on the car now cant host the pics so if someone can give me there email i can send them, I have used a Greddy Manifold of a gtir...
Might poke it up to 20psi not sure yet wait till i tune it and see how i go,
Lokking at little shot of nos to help spool the turbo...
Ads

A

Anonymous

trust td 06 and trust minifold

Hi Guys
i'm new to the forum
I currently running trust td06 and trust minifold with Power FC.
first time dyno the tuner didn't want to go to hard on my car. so he only took it to 5878 RPM @1.2 bar and i got 212KW
i think if i give abit more boost and take the rev up higher i wont be far of from 250 kw.
what you guys reckon??

A

Allan GTI-R

td06 what ???

16G, 20G, 25G etc etc - need to know the turbo specs first :)

A

antilag

alrite mate glad u got it all sorted now so do tell us wat the lags like without nitrous and dnt try fooling me cos ive been there :wink: u no u now have no first gear lolcos boost comes in so late u have to change really quick and then u get it bogging in second i guess

wen i do the quarter mile i have to hold it on the limiter in first gear for a few seconds to build a little speed b4 changing to 2nd to stop it bogging

well done anyway mate u got me on ya msn send me pics and i'll host them for u

C

Crazy

Sorry to sound dumb lads but what is all this KW?????

Its just that on Friday my car pulled 287.7ATW on 1.2bar on Thor Racings dyno and they calculated that to be about 350bhp, does that sound about right????

It feels like a rocket now :twisted:

A

Anonymous

trust td06

all i know about the turbo is that
its a GREDDY TD06 20G
Made by MITSUBISHI
its good for around 430-450hp ( I think)

jap-jet

Antilag ur talking to the wrong person my car still isnt finished but my ecu has antilag and launch control so lag wont be to much of a problem :D

jap-jet

Ok all you GTi-R ppl out there most of you know my set-up and i was told by my tuner the other day that the power figure im looking for is unrealistic without cams....
what do you all think....
Antilag.
The lag from this turbo isnt that bad but NOS will help i think, its making boost at around 2800rpm and his 4 and spools hard :D
Need to know if you all think my tuner is right when it come to this power figure looking at around 18-20psi of boost, dont forget im now running a T-67-25g not the TD06 like first stated...

A

Anonymous

Hey Adam. What power figure have you reached so far. I still think you can reach 250 kw if its tuned properly.sounds like have all the goods so there should be no prob with that power figure that u are after. Dont forget Del has around 220 ish know in his red 1 and that runs a td06-20g and standard bottom end. As for cams , you have gone this far so some nice cames wont go backwards, but definatly help.
Let us know how ya go ...Mika

L

Little Erve

Since you're asking for other peoples' opinions I think you should research you decisions more before diving in head first. Especially when they're such expensive decisions.

I'm not trying to be critical, just honest. I hope you get what you're after.

But you haven't upgraded the gearset? that'd be the first thing I'd be looking at myself.

jap-jet

Everyone raves one how weak the gearsets are in our cars but i know of a car in OZ still running a standard gearset and making 11's with not probs at all, It all comes down to knowing how to drive a car properly and shifting right, yes my gearbox is starting to give out but the car has 110000kms on it so the gearbox maybe the same....
Mika dels car has got the cams and i was thats what are going to let me down, the car is currently very rich and the timing is retarded alot and i am making 155kw atws on 12psi but it has to go back as i had a few probs with boost control so itll get sorted at a later date.
LITTLE ERVE i am asking other peoples opinions on here because i know alot of the members from europe have similar mods to me...
I looked at other peoples setups before i did the work to the car and believed it was going to be what i wanted and it still is, i know other people are running smaller turbos than me and chipped ecu's that are making around 220kw atws so i dont think the power output im hoping for is all lost just need my tuner to have more confidence in the car...
But am looking to get cams and a metal head gasket before it goes back on the dyno...