250 kw atw from a GTi-R

jap-jet

These are the mods I have done to our GTi-R: 600x300x76mm FMIC with 3" piping, Greddy TD06-20g and Trust manifold with Trust 45mm wastegate, Autronic SM2 ECU, SX fuel regulator, 800cc injectors on custom fuel rail and 3" exhaust...do you think it is possible to get 250kW atw on 18psi?

A

Ash

I think the only way you are going to find the answer to that question is to put the car on a dyno.
Results from modifications can vary quite a lot, so it is quite hard to estimate a cars power figure.

To give you an example, my GTI-R put out a peak figure of 186kw (249bhp) at the wheels just two weeks ago.
...and the modifications it has are 3 inch exhaust from the stock dump pipe, HKS air filter, 16 psi and (I am told by previous owner) rally spec ECU.

GINGA

iirc 250kw at the wheels is what Ivan had on his which equated to over 500bhp at the flywheel and that was with a large turbo and 2 bar boost so I'd say its very unlikely you'd get anywhere near that figure on 18psi boost (no offense intended :wink: )

P

pschurr

What gear will you measure it in Adam? And does it have street or rally gear ratios. Do we know what gear the 270-odd kw was achieved in?

It's all gonna depend on the tuning, and by that - how hard on the edge of lean-out and combustion chamber temps you wanna go just to get the big number. The problem there is that if it gets too hot in there and you get a big pre-detonation, you'll destroy the block unless you've already forged pistons and strong enough rods to keep the piston under control.

I'd think, though, that without longer/higher cams and adjustable cam wheels, you are not gonna be able to get enough charge into the chamber to keep it going as the rpm raises.

It's my opinion that external wastegates are NOT performance upgrades, and they don't do jack shit to make you go faster. It is a safety mechanism because an internal wastegate wasn't big enough to blow-by enough exhaust to stop the turbo from OVER-boosting. On a 2ltr running less than 2bar, my opinion is that its overkill, and the best thing is to buy the turbo that will flow what you want to flow (considering capacity and rpm thresholds).

Seriously, has ANYONE suffered overboost because the wastegate couldn't vent enough gas around the impeller?

good luck though
peter

jap-jet

Peter the power output is usually measured in 4th gear,
I have street gears in it 4 now,
If i dont get 250kw i wont be that worried as the turbo isnt really that big and the motor is still stock but we'll see how we go at the end of the month but i'll definantly let everyone know the power output i produce...
Adam

jap-jet

I have now opted for a T-67-25g with a 12cm housing and a 600hp fuel pump, Is this figure unrealistic now?

O

Odin

jap-jet said:
I have now opted for a T-67-25g with a 12cm housing and a 600hp fuel pump, Is this figure unrealistic now?
You must be planning to change your sig to LAG-JET then :lol: :wink:

A

antilag

lol at vpulsar yeh me and him had this discussion :cry: :cry: :cry:
expect to hit full boost at around 6000rpm :(

A

Anonymous

jap-jet said:
These are the mods I have done to our GTi-R: 600x300x76mm FMIC with 3" piping, Greddy TD06-20g and Trust manifold with Trust 45mm wastegate, Autronic SM2 ECU, SX fuel regulator, 800cc injectors on custom fuel rail and 3" exhaust...do you think it is possible to get 250kW atw on 18psi?

it should be easy figure maybe. not too sure about that 6000 full boost tho. thats a little scary

W

whelanm

less talk - more action...

and no.

18psi on that turbo wont do it.

more like 220kwatw.

W

whelanm

lol,

so are you going to try and use the T67?
You'll see full boost at around 4500-5000rpm with teh t67 i think.
It'll boggey up there though.

Are you using Nitrous?

btw - I'd be worrying about teh stock pistons and Rods once you start going over 200kw atw

Are you actually doing these mods to the car or is htis just a wish list?

:D

A

Allan GTI-R

who needs 250kw at the wheels when you have 18 inch Enkei G Zero's ?

respect 8)