21 year old looking for gti-r

hmmm

Hi guys...I am completely new to this site. As soon as i realised i could get insured on a gti-r i began my search. I got a quote on the uk version so i am looking. I have heard that it is difficult to get parts for the jap version as they need to be ordered from japan. is this true? and what is the likelyhood that i will stumble upon the uk version.

thanks for all the help guys...much appreciated

p.s let me know if anyone is selling please. thanks again

BenD

Its not hard getting parts through the Nissan dealer, or the parts suppliers who use this board, and Jap and UK spec cars are more or less identical bar a few things, so aint worth worrying about.

Harder to find a UK spec, as i think only 67 were made for the UK market.

Mark Turbo has a nice UK spec for sale, so check that one out!

Cheers

Ben

mattygti-r

its harder to find petrol money to keep the thing tinkering along! lol

all the best with your search mate...get a good one, dont rush and worth while looking at the thread in the general discussion section to see hwat ur up against

:roll:

sweetyGTIR

There are good Rs and bad Rs dont buy the first one you see, as for UK or JAP spec not much difference Rs leave ya skint but the fun is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

hmmm

only thing with imports is insurance...got quoted £975 on a uk gti r with elephant.co.uk...need to ring them to find out the import price.

Are all the parts the same for a jap and uk version?

kyepan

the oly two i found for under 25's were tesco and adiran flux.. try both of them.. and remember grey imports are rated at insurance group 20 automatcially

A

Anonymous

Hi Mate, I was 21 when I brought my old R and insurance was £1300 FC from peugeot insurance! try them!

Nick. 8)

M

Mart

No, not really. Different rear boot!

Yeah try Tesco, i'm 21 with 2years NCB £900 TPFT

O

Olly

Yeah and the Pulsar has air con and the Sunny don't :lol: So what :lol:

MarkTurbo

Re: ...

hmmm said:
can u send me the link to mark turbos car pls
There's no pics of the car there at the moment :( But if you want some pics or any info on the car PM me and i can e-mail them to you.

hmmm

can anyone confirm for me whether the uk version uses the same parts as the jap version pls? and r the parts difficult to get get hold of? where would i purchase them from?

thanks for all your help so far

Curtis

Almost all the parts are the same with a few exceptions.
Parts are easy to get hold of, Nissan is a good start or any of the traders on here! MJP etc..