208? WTF!!

A

Adamski

Hello everyone, Just seeing if anyone has any ideas on why the car produced an impressive 208bhp and 217lbft :shock: :oops: :lol: :lol: on the rollers at PTS on Saturday? To say I was dissapointed is an understatement as 6 months ago at PTS it produced 265bhp and 235lbft of torque :shock:.

The car has a Kakimoto exhaust, mushroom filter and a forge front mount. The only thing that has changed in the last six months is the addition of the frontmount :? :?. Also it was running unlimited boost at one point due to someone not doing there job properly :evil: so maybe this could be a factor :? .

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers Adam

A

Adamski

Yep thats the one :lol: It is looking a bit dirty now actually :lol: :roll: . What filter do you suggest then?

JIMMYBACK

u could of had my blitz for 65 quid i just sold it at santa pod to benD.never mind u need to get a blitz apexi or even a simota filter just avoid foam/bathroom sponge filter there proper shite :shock:

A

Adamski

I had a compression test done when it was at PTS the first time. I think it was 150ish on all four. Its standard boost :) .

Cheers Adam

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
6 months ago it would have been very cold. On saturday it was very hot. That would allow for some of the difference. 265bhp is alot for standard boost (asuming a standard turbo) unless you have cams for example.
A compression test now would explain the rest of the loss if it gives you much lower results. Also your turbo may be goosed abit, say the compressor blades are worn for example.

N

Ninj-r

Adamski said:
Hello everyone, Just seeing if anyone has any ideas on why the car produced an impressive 208bhp and 217lbft :shock: :oops: :lol: :lol: on the rollers at PTS on Saturday? To say I was dissapointed is an understatement as 6 months ago at PTS it produced 265bhp and 235lbft of torque :shock:.

The car has a Kakimoto exhaust, mushroom filter and a forge front mount. The only thing that has changed in the last six months is the addition of the frontmount :? :?. Also it was running unlimited boost at one point due to someone not doing there job properly :evil: so maybe this could be a factor :? .

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers Adam
did you just get the frontmount put on without a remap/tune whatever? If so the turbo would be blowing at the original rate & there would be a pressure drop due to the longer piping & so on which could result in the drop in power.

A

Adamski

No it hasn't been on the rollers or set up since that went on. I didn't realise it sholuld be set up after every alteration thats done :roll: :roll:

Cheers Adam

antgtir

JIMMYBACK said:
u could of had my blitz for 65 quid i just sold it at santa pod to benD.never mind u need to get a blitz apexi or even a simota filter just avoid foam/bathroom sponge filter there proper Old Skoda :shock:
Agreed, i have my Apexi on order from Japan, ill be getting it just in time for JAE :D

I would say its something to do with the front mount, this is the only change that has occured so i would investigate the setup of this front mount etc, is it a brand new one??

Ant.

A

Adamski

Yeah the fronmount is a brand new Forge one. A loose hose wouldn't cause that much of a power decrease would it? :? :?

Cheers Adam

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Adamski said:
Yeah the fronmount is a brand new Forge one. A loose hose wouldn't cause that much of a power decrease would it? :? :?

Cheers Adam
Errr, yes if it was leaking boost. Depending how much it was leaking tho, the car would very poor.

antgtir

Fast Guy said:
Adamski said:

Cheers Adam
Errr, yes if it was leaking boost. Depending how much it was leaking tho, the car would very poor.
As Fastguy has said this would cause a big reduction in power, why is the pipe loose?? Are you not able to pick the correct size up??

Ant.

A

Adamski

I'll check tonight because nothing should be loose :roll: . Also the topmount that was on it was an Arc uprated one so would that explain the high-ish power for standard boost? :? :?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
If the car is running standard boost and as far as you know was standard internally as well at the time, just the addition of an uprated top mount wouldn't have given you a power increase of 30bhp. Even a good front mount on a standard car will only give you between 5 - 10bhp.

Sometimes what happens though, if your running say 1 bar boost on a standard car with top mount, if you change to a larger front mount with a longer pipe run you will get a reduction in boost pressure. I know this happened to me when I put my R33 front mount on my boost dropped from 1 bar down to .7 bar. All I did was use the boost controller to increase the boost a little.

That combined with the temperature differences of the 2 occasions might account for your loss of power. Oh and still check for the loose boost hose.