1Bar = 1Bag of poo

D

damien4uuk

Well ive just put my r too 1 bar, The prob is it keeps mising, Ive checked the plugs, leads, and dizzy all seem fine. It really feels like its strugling to cope with the incresse. Any ideas cos im all out.? :(

D

damien4uuk

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ummmmm standerd :eek: :eek: :eek: I know you all told me to change it.. So is that the prob then?? :oops:

Keira

could be stuggling

was it running fine before ??

if it was change it, it certainly wouldn't hurt

ki_saj_ng

if its down to that then i wouldnt run it at one bar until its done as it may do some damage.

learn from the ones who have already learned :oops:

D

damien4uuk

it was doing it a little every now and then before, but now the boost is up seems too of got a lot worse. Just this minute orderd a walbro pump. wont drive untill i fit it. got the pump for £86+vat it that a good price? seemed quite cheep.

D

Dee 1

I think SRB are doing the for £69.00 all in to your door :?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If a new fuel pump doesn't sort it, you might need to change your plugs or close the gap up slightly form standard

D

damien4uuk

The filter is only about a month old. The earthing points? which ones theres loads lol. cant wait too see how it runs when its ok, seems like it could be fun.

K

kizzyturbo4x4

Install a thick eatrh cable from your battery to your chassi, and another thick one from the chassi to your engine block somwhere.
and make sure your dizzy cap is good, ame with cables,plugs.
the igintion system is much more important than it might seem.
causes faults often.

B

Brett G

I had the exact same prob not long ago when I upgraded my boost to 1 bar, the only difference is that I did upgrade the pump :? It turned out to be my leads in the end, they seemed to be breaking down under load, I couldn't really test them on idle as they were fine!
I ordered the standard leads as Frank swore by them :wink: Cheers Frank, they haven't let me down yet, and they fit sooo much better than my old gimmicky ones!!

Brett

kyepan

kizzyturbo4x4 said:
Install a thick eatrh cable from your battery to your chassi, and another thick one from the chassi to your engine block somwhere.
and make sure your dizzy cap is good, ame with cables,plugs.
the igintion system is much more important than it might seem.
causes faults often.
yer and the dizzy + rotor are well cheap too.

D

damien4uuk

thanks people, I will do my earthing tomoz, and im gonna buy some new leads and cap and arm, then fit my new fuel pump when it arrives. Then hopefully touch wood it will all be ok. I will keep posting just too keep it all up to date. ( you say standerd leads?) from nissan? how much u recon?

J

jiw

Leads cap and arm should be about £70, plugs around £40-£50, i think heat range 8 is what you need for 1 bar of boost, jeff

O

Olly

Damian if you want a set of Nissan leads, you can have mine for £20 full set inc king lead, 2 yrs old tops, mint with recepit somewhere, took mine off the other day and put some 10mm ones on. So if you want them let me know 8)

A

Anonymous

Grade 8 plugs are too hot for running 1 bar boost, you need to switch down to grade 7's. Go to a motor factor and get a set of copper plugs (NGK are fine), they'll cost about £2 each and will do just as good job as iridiums if you change them every 6000 miles, however you have the added bonus that the ends aren't known to break off and ruin pistons.

antgtir

Ben said:
Grade 8 plugs are too hot for running 1 bar boost, you need to switch down to grade 7's. Go to a motor factor and get a set of copper plugs (NGK are fine), they'll cost about £2 each and will do just as good job as iridiums if you change them every 6000 miles, however you have the added bonus that the ends aren't known to break off and ruin pistons.
What the irridium ones are prone to breaking then :shock: jeez, im thinking of getting the full ignition set (plugs, leads, rotor arm and cap) which ones do you reckon from experience?

K

kizzyturbo4x4

i got my new set of leads the other day. 8mm worspec once.
seems better ;)

J

jiw

So srb sold me the wrong grade of plug too, typical, could also be the answer to my running problems :?