195/45/15 tyres

T

Toady

has anyone ever used this profile tyre on their R? just wondering if its a combo to go for or not? :?

T

Toady

theyre 7" wide. can get 195/50's toyo's for £126, the 45's are nearly £200.

Dooie Pop Pop

ive gone from a 16 " 195/45 profile to a 15" 195/50 and get a much better drive from em imho. lighter wheels rock mate btw :wink: :twisted:

T

Toady

just about to order myself a set of toyo proxes t1-s 195/50/15's! bring on the jap racer stylee! :lol:

theyre the only set of wheels i have that will fit with my coil overs!lol!

T

Toady

dooie pop pop- do u have any pics of your car on 15's? 8)

Keira

Toady said:
if your old wheels fitted on a standard type spring and damper how are they catching the coil over ???

coil overs are often used to fit bigger wider wheels as overall the coilover damper takes up less room compared to a standard damper...

cant see what you mean :?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The 195/45/15 is quite abit smaller than normal, so you might notice inproved acceleration (due to altered gearing) and an over reading speedo. :wink:

T

Toady

Ive got the toyo's on now, 195/50/15's. £31.50 a piece! bargain! look sweet too! Jap racer style alloys look quality!!! :lol:

GINGA

kieron said:
Toady said:
if your old wheels fitted on a standard type spring and damper how are they catching the coil over ???

coil overs are often used to fit bigger wider wheels as overall the coilover damper takes up less room compared to a standard damper...

cant see what you mean :?
Because the spring platform sits alot lower on coilovers :wink:

S

str_motorsport

i have 205-50-15 and think that the tyre has too much flex, that is why i would like to fit 215-40 16 tyres...do you think it will be too much?or it is better to go for 195-45-16?

T

Toady

er...youve said your wanting to fit a 16" tyre instead of a 15"? that aint gonna happen mate! :lol: :?

T

Toady

no but do you have 15 or 16 inch wheels? thats what i meant! :lol: 16's fill the arch better but 15's handle accelerate better imo! :wink:

S

str_motorsport

i have speedline corse 2108 white wheels, 15";with 205-50-15 tyres, but would like to fit 16"wheels with a lower profile tyre!!because the 50 tyres allows for too much flex!!