18" rims????

nitrosgti-r

I need a new set of lightweight wheels for track use and i wanna use the toyo proxys 888's but i wanna use 18" rims as i can get cheap tyres but only 18"

Anyone fitted 18's? what problems did you incur if any?

cheers

Brett :)

P

pulsarboby

ive got a set of 18'' compmos for sale in white with excellent rubber that came off candy red car
but like nimhbk says above there not ideal for track use really, but are ideal if like me you have a big brake setup (sometimes you have no choice lol)

smaller wheels are better for handling!

Mr GTiR

Do a search, it's been covered many times. I've had 18" on my car and the handling was shocking on the road, would not even go no where near a track with them on!

saddler

pulsarboby said:
ive got a set of 18'' compmos for sale in white with excellent rubber that came off candy red car
but like nimhbk says above there not ideal for track use really, but are ideal if like me you have a big brake setup (sometimes you have no choice lol)

what price you asking for the wheels bob

P

pulsarboby

dont really know tbh! i was gonna put them on ebay but they have got to be worth £450 i would have thought with excellent rubber on them, il post some piccies up so those that are interested can see!

if you can find the thread on the candy red car then thats the wheels, as they came from that car.

vss irvine

pulsarboby said:
not if the car is set up to take them.

if thats the case what about btcc, wtcc. dtm etc etc

its not just about big brakes

vss irvine

i understand that, but what im saying is,
if the cars set up properly (like btcc) the handling can be fine tuned to take large diameter wheels.
the car would need to be mostly rose-jointed with totally adjustable castor/camber,bumpsteer/ track to make best use of them.

P

pulsarboby

vss irvine said:
i understand that, but what im saying is,
if the cars set up properly (like btcc) the handling can be fine tuned to take large diameter wheels.
the car would need to be mostly rose-jointed with totally adjustable castor/camber,bumpsteer/ track to make best use of them.

agree with you 100% just didnt want to say anything or it brings on a whole new arguement of what wheels are best blah, blah, blah:lol: :lol:

but what you have just quoted there martyn is dead on and perfectly true imho

standard car will handle better with smaller wheels though!

davey red.r

vss irvine said:
i had the most fun in my pulsar when it still had its 14" bad boys! 4 wheel drift anyone??!!
yes me too martin loved my first grey r,with 14s,
the gap in the rear arch made my face a bit:oops: though:lol:
didnt have the cash at the time to lower it or any mod as it happens was 22 and paying fortunes insurance.

davey;-)

pulsar350R

ave got 18" comp mo's on mine and ave had no probs with anything for 5 months, they used to rub on the front a little when you full lock the steering to the right, but know ave got it all set up proper 4 wheel aligiment/adjusted chamber.

Mr GTiR

vss irvine said:
not if the car is set up to take them.

if thats the case what about btcc, wtcc. dtm etc etc

its not just about big brakes
Also, them cars will never be driven on the roads where it's completly different. Most tracks are smooth like glass with no pot holes in sight.