150 miles for a full tank!!!

hmmm

hi, i am posting this on behalf of a friend of mine. For a full tank he only gets 150 miles and he drives like a granny :p . If he was ripping it all the time then 150 miles would make sense but he doesnt...any ideas

comments are appreciated...thanks again guys

Davey

Sounds about right unfortunatley m8.
You could maybe try the o2 sensor, or check the MAF connections, failing that get a powerfc, or a motec :shock: :wink:

Nad

150 to the tank which was what i got on mine with a HKS fuel controller. The Motec or Power FC will allow the fueling to be mapped better and hench gain better fuel economly in on and off boost situations and coasting back down.

Nad

Nad

kyepan said:
just out of interest where is the 02 sensor and how do you check it?
Depends what service provider u r with. O2 sensor is normally at the top of the phone, also knwo as an aerial :lol: :wink:

Nad

J

J-GTi-R

Nad said:
kyepan said:
Depends what service provider u r with. O2 sensor is normally at the top of the phone, also knwo as an aerial :lol: :wink:

Nad
They are very unreliable though, tend to cut out intermittently and are generally of poor quality...

(cough, cough... Vodafone employee... cough, cough.... :wink: :lol: )

JIMMYBACK

anyway the o2 aerials r butt ugly...bloody microwave links indeed i ve just got a couple slapped on a building at work :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: hiddeous :shock:

Mr GTiR

a standard car (exhaust and filter) should see between 180 - 220 depending on driving!

mines see's 150 -160 :shock:

paz

yeah I normally get around 180-220, 150 sounds a bit low, you sure he aint tonking it more than he's letting on? ;)

paz

LeeSmith

i got HKS Blow off valve, Evo K&N induction, MINES ECU, Racing clutch, Magnex exhaust, decat, Boost set to 1.0Bar via Bleed Valve, Competition Fuel pump.........i still get between 180 & 220!!! that is driving "normally"

zia

i wouldn,t expect better economy with power fc or motec due the basic reason why they are installed in the first place ( i.e power) and from experience. just find out why the stock ecu is over feuling? standard ecu is programmed with economy and drivebility as first priorty rather than out right power /torque.

zia

Nad

J-GTi-R said:
Nad said:
kyepan said:

Nad
They are very unreliable though, tend to cut out intermittently and are generally of poor quality...

(cough, cough... Vodafone employee... cough, cough.... :wink: :lol: )
Tell me about it never get any signal anywhere :(

Nad

Nad

Re: ...

hmmm said:
how much do the motec and power fc's cost to buy and install?
Motec about 2500, power FC about 1300 i think someone said they could get it done for.

Better fuel economy is down to better mapped fuel points in all situations over 1 bar to which the standard ecu cant cope with.

Nad