15" LENSO RS5 ALLOY WHEELS on disk upgrade?

doggydowg

Hiya guys

Just won a set of mint LENSO RS5 15" ALLOY WHEELS the pcd was 100 the centre bore was fine and offset fine but they would not clear my caliper by about 1-2mm.

I have a big disk upgrade on what i thought were std calipers on brakets, their is definetly spacer brakets there.

For me not to have clearence over caliper does this sound like they may not be std?

I want to downgrade from my 17s to 15s for handling do ppl have problems with clerence on 15s with just big disk upgrade?

Thanks Paul.

doggydowg

as its only a couple off mm out could i get away with filling the caliper down abit on the top to compensate?

davey red.r

take a grinder to the mounting points for the calliper at rear 5mm/7mm off is normally suffice,for 15s.

davey

doggydowg

cant get calipers under 15s stellas aye ;-) what i should have done rather then messing about with wheels lol

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I know there are clearance issues with the Willwood kits as have one my self. Most are offset related issues, are you saying the calliper is hitting the rim rather than the spokes?

kenan

South West Regional Rep
going to smaller disks would solve you problem but the bigger brakes are there for a reason. The standard brakes are dangerous and you really want to keep the bigger disks. If the disks are 280 there shouldn't be a problem. Heres my wheels with the wilwood 280mm kit

doggydowg

quick update, the backs fit fine..the drivers side front needed a few mm shaved off the back of the caliper now it spins freely;-)

went to fit the passenger side front and its rubbing on the spokes??? i have tried using different wheels ie one from the rear still no joys, checkd the spigots and there identicle.

The only thing i can think that would cause this is maybe the brake pad is less worn out on drivers side so spokes dont rub?

Im going to buy some wheel spacers so the spokes will clear, should i buy same size wheel spacers for rear to macth the front i was thinking 15mm will this be ok on wheel bolts etc?

just to add teh wheels have a 38 offset and are and 6.5" wide

Thanks Paul.

Last edited: