13.8 mile :(

celm

i ran my R today.i wasnt happy with what i ran!!
this is my set up
mines ecu
apexi avcr at 1 bar from 1st to 4th gear
apexi safc
hks cat back
HKs BOV
K&N filter
forge FMIC
ran on 93 octane (thanks octane rating not RON !!)
i left at 5500 RPM and i did a best of 13.8 :cry:
what time should i be running with this set up.when i know a stock R runs 13.9 to 14 sec 1/4 mile

Stevo

loose the cat and ur car will rev better.

what bhp u running around 280bhp should do a 1/4 mile in the 13 sec bracket, to get 12 sec u would need 300+ unless ur car is a bare shell :wink:

andygtir

you should be in the low 13's, possibly high 12's with a set up like that. i got a 13.0 @ 1bar not even giving it 100%.

the cat will be strangling you of quite a bit of power, along with a new down pipe your'll see a vast improvement.

you may need colder spark plugs, or at least close the gap slightly to allow for the higher boost.

when was it last serviced- fuel filter change,leads, disty cap, may improve the general running.

it wont take many launches to stuff the standard clutch at higher boost.

have you launched the R before? what 60' time did you get? fast gear changes or did you respect the box?

celm

andygtir said:
you should be in the low 13's, possibly high 12's with a set up like that. i got a 13.0 @ 1bar not even giving it 100%.

the cat will be strangling you of quite a bit of power, along with a new down pipe your'll see a vast improvement.

you may need colder spark plugs, or at least close the gap slightly to allow for the higher boost.

when was it last serviced- fuel filter change,leads, disty cap, may improve the general running.

it wont take many launches to stuff the standard clutch at higher boost.

have you launched the R before? what 60' time did you get? fast gear changes or did you respect the box?
i did the service like 1.5 weeks ago,i have the plugs gapped at .035(thats not mm)
would fuel rating play a toll?i ran 93 octane and i still have my cat on

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Stevo said:
loose the cat and ur car will rev better.

what bhp u running around 280bhp should do a 1/4 mile in the 13 sec bracket, to get 12 sec u would need 300+ unless ur car is a bare shell :wink:
Yoou should be able to get into the 12s with 1bar (if I can get 13dead on 250bhp)

Was the weather hot? that will affect times?
What 60ft were you getting? You should be low 1.8s or there abouts.
What size wheels/tyres do you have on?

celm

i have the forge FM.that tube that bends up from the turbo get as hot as my valve cover.could that cause some issues also

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I have the Forge front mount too. It apparently doesn't cause issues for me. I've felt my core after stopping and it's cold on the right (outlet) side, so it's doing it's job. :)

M

memski

You're probably not running as much power as most 1bar R's on the forum are - due to the cat blocking your exhaust gas flow and lower grade fuel (backed off ignition timing?) Your launch and gearchanges may also need to be bettered :wink:

celm

Shaun said:
:wink: Can i ask why you are running a Mines ecu AND an AFC :?: :wink:
i got the car with them allready on.the thing is i dont know how my mines was mapped,what are the specs.is there a way to find out?

ashills

nothing wrong with running the 2 anyway the afc just allows u to pushing the fueling up on the mines map as u would on a standrd ecu

Shaun

ashills said:
nothing wrong with running the 2 anyway the afc just allows u to pushing the fueling up on the mines map as u would on a standrd ecu
:wink: But if the mines has been mapped to cope with more boost,then wouldnt the AFC make th car overfuel even more,causing it to bog down :?: :wink:

Shaun

celm said:
i got the car with them allready on.the thing is i dont know how my mines was mapped,what are the specs.is there a way to find out?
Looks like a journey to the tuners :!:

skiddusmarkus

celm said:
i have the forge FM.that tube that bends up from the turbo get as hot as my valve cover.could that cause some issues also

I've bought some heat wrap for just that reason.I'm going to do rest of the ic pipes too.

skiddusmarkus

celm said:

I've bought some heat wrap for just that reason.I'm going to do rest of the ic pipes too.

M

memski

Mine are all done, but ran out for one the most important pipes - the front pipe :(