1 Bqar upgrade

P

PaddyPower

I am about to make the step up to 1bar from standrad, but first i need some help with a few questions;

1)Will 1bar be as big an increase as the standard R was from driving my 2000cc mondeo? The thrill is still there at standard boost, but it is no longer scarey!

2) Do i really need an uprated fuel pump, or can this wait (low on cash)?

3) The guy i bought the car off had a clutch fitted about 2k ago. He said it was same size and formation as the standrad but was suposidley uprated. Will this hold 1bar?

Also what is the best oil for the car a 10/50?

mattygti-r

oil silkolene (spelling?) 15/50 pro S

uprate the filter if your feeling plush like myself :lol:

yes 1 bar is a massive notice in power (im still on standard boost) but from 0.65 to 1bar will see 50bhp extra if set up correctly. (assume 220-270bhp)

fuel pump, £90ish for a walbro , you shouldnt skimp and uprate the pump

also get an additional boost guage to monitor your new level of boost

clutch , if its standard it may start to slip, if yourve a receipt for the clutch beign done then you may have as you say an uprated clutch, howver going on the premis that is uprated, you may need a new one cost:around 400-500quid fitted

c20ona

alright mate.you should find all this info on the search facility but 1 bar doesn't sound too much but it really does make a big difference from standard - and possibly a bit nippier than the mondeo :wink:
with the clutch, there's really only one way to truely find out if it's uprated or not eh. :D
and i use 10/60 oil mate and never had a problem.
but with the fuel pump, these are fine on a bar but with the age of the cars etc, it's always advisable to uprate these as you dont want it failing at high rev/boost.just change it (go for around £80.00 to £130.00 these days).

regards

kenny

$

$ven

And, if you haven't done already; while your at it, change the fuel-filter aswell.

S

Stoned

What is the easiest way of doing this without spending large quantities of money on fuel computers and long rolling road sessions?

Surely must be an easy way of setting a constant 1bar boost setting.

I'm quite happy to uprate the fuel pump as I can see how important this is.

ShayneG

Quickest and cheapest way is to just get a bleed valve for around £20 and get a rolling road session booked. Best to get a seond boost gauge though as the standard one doesn't register 1 bar.

Uprated fuel pump is recommended and u will notice a big increase at 1 bar :D

MarkTurbo

PaddyPower said:
2) Do i really need an uprated fuel pump, or can this wait (low on cash)?
Look at it this way, £100 for an uprated fuel pump or thousands of £££££ for an engine rebuild if you find out after you've put the boost up to 1 Bar the standard fuel pump cant keep up :wink:

ShayneG

Same here: I only had the R 2 weeks before I went to 1 bar. I drove all the way home from Power station grinning all the way :D

S

Stoned

ShayneG said:
Same here: I only had the R 2 weeks before I went to 1 bar. I drove all the way home from Power station grinning all the way :D
How much did powerstation charge you to change it to 1bar?

ShayneG

I just had a bleed valve put in which cost £25 and then an hours labour £85 also went on rolling roadto test power output £30