1 BAR! Is it worth it?

hmmm

The car spec is mentioned in my signature.

What will i need to get it to one bar? and is it worth it? What is likely to go wrong and what is the power and speed increase i can expect if i go ahead?

thanks again guys

moved -edd

Davey

There's been a couple of posts recently on this subject;
Option1: Just stick a bleed valve on it
Option2: Get a boost controller, loads of choice, loads of opinion's, just get the one you like the look of.

Might need a fuel pump for either of the above (ive never bothered :wink: )
A rolling road setup might be a good idea (never bothered with that either :? )

Problem's: Clutch wont last as long, and may not last at all, obviously more wear and tear on all components.

Is it worth it?: Yes, defo, feels like a different car, pulls much harder :D

chrisniss91

I think its definately worth it, The power would be around 270 - 280hp, Clutch may start to go so budget for a new one.
For me upgrade to 1 bar has been the best so far :)

hmmm

oops...forgot to mention in my sig that I have an AP organic clutch which was changed just under 2 years ago.

does this increase in power affect anything else liek the gearbox or internals?

N

Ninja_tune_factory

dave right clutch dont last long at all :oops: iv not had my R running 1 bar for very long and my clutch F**KED a week a go it bust :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: .........................my anwas to ur quseton is yes 1 bar is well worth so is 1.1 and beond :lol: :lol: :D :D

A

Anonymous

a few negatives on the clutch there, i've been running a bar for a few months(probably 3) and it feels good. gearbox is ok as well so im not worried yet.

treat the clutch & box well and it should last longer.....

Davey

how badly are the rest of the components affected as you mentioned more wear and tear?
The general consensus(backed up by plenty of practical experience) is that our car's will handle 1bar all day long for years and years, but you might be unlucky and have something fail soon after doing it. If your really worried/skint, best not to do it m8 :wink:

BenD

whack it up to a bar and its a totally different car :D

ill tell ya the truth about the clutch

i was told by a*member* of this forum, who no longer owns an R to turn the bleed valve a '1/4 of a turn'. the car was fast as fook :shock: and it was unbelievable difference. i then proceeded to drive arond like this for 3 months, and i cane my car everywhere :shock: this is on a std box, clutch and internals i may add. got round to fitting an autometer boost guage and found i was running 1.3 BAR :shock:

and my clutch is totally fine :? the car doesnt miss a beat :shock:

work that one out :wink:

N

Ninja_tune_factory

funny that ,as i was told buy 3 peeps from this forum to stick a bleed valve on my r and open it up 1/4 turn you right ben the cars is fast but only for a littel as it soon gets very borin :?

so more boost needed :D

BenD

thats right mate, you get used to it, then have to look for more power :(

pity i aint got more ££££££ tho :cry:

N

Ninja_tune_factory

i your right there........................................... but 1 say 1 bar is more then safe and every one should do it :D

MarkTurbo

Mine and and my mates R have got virtually the same mods but he's running 1 bar and mine was on standard boost :oops: and the differance was very noticable :D

It felt miles quicker than mine :(

I'm planning on running 1.2 bar when mines back on the road :wink: :roll:

Mr GTiR

lol i use to run 1 bar for every day use and up to 1.2 when i wnated a play........now looking for 1.6 IF i get it back on the road

c20ona

i've ran 1.0bar on my car and never had a prob, clutch still bites like it's brand new (and it's far from new - 5+yrs old !!) :D

kenny

O

one Gti-R

don't bother running 1 bar

persoanlly up the boost only if your going over 1 bar :wink:

otherwise keep standard boost advance your timing to 25-30 degrees, run no less than 98 octane fuel and you will be roughly the same pace as cars that run 1 bar :wink:

just keeps more reliability in the car because its not pushing more boost.

if you then decide to wind up the boost retard the timing back to 20 degrees other wise you will have a few problems.

Dooie Pop Pop

hmmm said:
The car spec is mentioned in my signature.

What will i need to get it to one bar? and is it worth it? What is likely to go wrong and what is the power and speed increase i can expect if i go ahead?

thanks again guys
this aint the first time you' ve asked this question is it? seem to remember answering before. if not then i apologise. get a new fuel pump defiately, spark plugs will need to be uprated or regapped if your too tight. bleed valve or ebc? you pays your money you takes your choice. iv heard some good things about the dawes device, iv got an ebc so cant comment. then get it set up properly. breather might need modifying too.plenty of posts about 1bar operation. do a search or two :) :roll:

you will find that sticking some smaller/lighter wheels on will help too if your street cred can handel it :lol:

hmmm

dont think i have asked this before. I remember asking how much bhp i will have on current set up. Cant remember for sure though.

If i have asked this before, I apologise too :oops: