1.1 bar

J

J-GTi-R

Well in that case... e-manange it is!!

Cheers for the info Kes, the price I was given was bought off, fitted and mapped by a tuner, so if they can be sourced much cheaper from the 'States then that'll be my next move as I can pretty much afford it straight away (just have to budget for the mapping).

Next obvious question, who in the UK can map the e-manage then?

J

J-GTi-R

BTW, yes you're right with your previous post, my car might well handle 1.1 safely but I'll play it cautious until I get the e-manage anyway.

skiddusmarkus

The emanage does seem a very cost effective bit of kit with the weak dollar at the moment.There's always plenty on ebay around the $300-400mark.

323GT-R

Going rate for an Emanage in the US is ~$270, it cost about $40 for shipping, and gift wrapped from my Uncle Sam ;) so came to £160 - £170 all in. I only needed the ignition harness, which was about $30 extra and then bought the lead and software for ~$120. There was a group buy on the SXOC, and they're discussing who can map it at the moment. I know Abbey can, but I think there are a few others who can do it now. I'll be mapping my own in the next few months, so if you can't get anyone else to do it for you, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

BTW, the limited injector size is in the ECU, not the Emanage, the Emanage will allow any size of injectors to be used, but you're limited by the minimum pulse width the stock ECU can generate, so they recommend no more than a 150% upgrade.

P

PF

Am I right in saying that you only need the cable and software if you want to map the unit itself?

So, you could actually get away with just purchasing the E manage ecu and the two harnesses and have it up and running in your car (but obviously you need to take it somewhere to have it mapped/adjusted).

323GT-R

Yes, you can buy the unit and harnesses, fit it yourself, then pay someone else to set it up. No need for the software and lead unless you're doing your own mapping.

W

wizgti

Can someone do an idiots guide to the e-manage ie what exactly you need with part no's and prices as it's just all to confusing for me :oops:
If I did go ahead and do it , it would be mapped by a tuner so I don't need the extra software and lead(I think) also include profec boost controller (e-o1?). Preferably average costs as well so I can get the full picture.

Sorry easily confused when it comes to this kind of thing :oops:

Ta
Andrew

J

J-GTi-R

Be aware that people are having problems getting the e-manage mapped, which is putting me off again. Abbey can do it, but they're not cheap and the whole idea is for me to not spend 1/4 of the value of the car on an ECU/chip.

E

Edd

A unichip sounds all round best for you J until e manage becomes more readily available and people who can map it.
I know it adds to expense but Nick at Powerstation says he has the boost moduel on his and he runs 1.1 bar through the midrange to give more poke but have it go back to 1 bar at top end just to ease off the high rpm stress and risk of det

J

J-GTi-R

Yeah Edd, that's what I'm thinking as well. I know the e-manage is a superior bit of kit, but like I said, I'll never need facility to change injectors or the MAF.

323GT-R

To be honest, the Unichip and Emanage are very similar bits of kit, and I doubt there is much advantage in either one, they both work the same way and give the same functions. The only difference is, you can buy the software and fit + map an Emange yourself, or have access to the map that's in there, with a Unichip, only the dealers can fit + map it. With Unichips, the results people get vary based on who fits it, but there are a few very good Unichip places, such as PS out there. I would guess that anywhere that maps unichips can map emanage if they have the software.

As for prices and parts,
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/

The numbers in $s are nearly the same as the UK list prices in £s, so it's generally cheaper to import from the US. You'll need as a minimum the main unit and the ignition harness, on some cars you need the injection harness as well, I don't know for the gtir but someone else on here can tell you. If you get the profec E-01, you can add the pressure sensor harness to give a pressure signal to the emanage, or the external signal harness if you want to really show off and get the E-01 to display speed and throttle position :lol: