0-60

L

levin

was it all stripped out then or does a GTIR really only need those 3 mods to be :shock: that fookin fast :shock: ?

i just find it unbelievable, not saying you're a lyer though, dont get me wrong :thumbsup:

warringtonjack

To be fair, I find side stepping the clutch actually loses me a touch of time cos all 4 of my ickle 15" wheels spin, i prefer a high rev normal clutch release, almost as if you were trying to wheelspin a low power fwd car! Like a maxflower saxo or something! :lol: Saying that, i've only managed to record a 4.2 on my RSM.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I have an RB, so it's lighter (100kg with my help) and has a close ratio gearbox as standard. Those two facts make my car faster than it should be for the power it has.

On a very good car, you could just turn the boost up to 1bar with no supporting mods and it would be ok. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. In reality, a fuel pump, colder plugs, uprated clutch, filter, exhaust, front mount optional and have the fuelling&ignition checked are all highly recommended to save blowing your engine.

In my case it was done with just the filter, exhaust, front mount and dawes device. I ran it on standard plugs and standard fuel pump and standard clutch for quite a while. I changed the plugs and fuel pump to be on the safe side and I eventually killed the standard clutch after 3.5years of my abuse.

The do 5.1 to 60 as standard, so making them faster isn't hard.

My car is good to about 70some due to the gearing, then it's similar to the standard box's 3&4th when I'm in 4&5th, so I don't have the advantage anymore. I realy need cams with max power at 7500rpm to make the most of my box.

MarkTurbo

When i did my 3.9 sec 0-60 my only mods were an air filter, exhaust, plugs, fuel pump, AP racing clutch, and i was running 1.2 bar. I was still using the top mount intercooler and the car was not lightened in any way either!

I'd love to know what my 0-60 is now the car is even quicker :twisted:

MarkTurbo

Fast Guy said:
When was that? That's what I got on my 12.4s but with your different box, I'd expect you to take abit of time out of me at the top end so maybe a 12.2 on that.
That was back in june ;-) It was on a disused airfield with a not too brilliant surface so i could only manage 1.9 60ft's so theres another 0.2 secs i could knock off on a decent surface :lol:

youngsyp

@ Fast Guy and MarkTurbo: Do you guys have any recorded 0-100 times ?

I'm not sure what you find but, mine really comes into it's own in third gear.
Of course it's quick up to that gear but, once in 3rd, it seems to be much quicker. When I had a play with a Porsche 911 and an Impreza P1, once in 3rd, I nearly drove into the back of them due to my acceleration being so much stronger than theirs.
With that in mind, I'd expect a mildly tuned GTiR's 0-100 times or even 50-70 times to be very quick indeed ?!

dobby

Well i timed my 30-90mph starting in second and it was 7.14 seconds. I video taped it and then timed it on telly. The car is only 1 bar and it was starting in second gear. 30 to 120mph or top of fourth( clock only goes up to 110mph) was 12 seconds. using gps i know that the kph is very accurate on the clock.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Lou, I think you'll be in the high 2s.

Youngsyp - I was timed at 10s to 100mph, I think Mark was too. On the 1/8th I'm 7.9s to 87.mph and 12.4s to 108-110

I don't have the power of some, mine is much better upto about 90, then it slows down.