Z32 and mapping plus piping

Trondelond

So, I've got a Z32 lying about, which I'm planning to use with my 3071. I'm noticing that everyone says you have to remap the car when it's fitted.
I'm just wondering why - if I'm using a PFC and I set it to use the Z32 setting, won't the PFC scale the voltages to match the map? I would think that it's not until you get to power levels above what the OE MAF supports you'll run into problems?

Or am I having too much faith in my ECU?

Also, anyone have good suggestions as to where and what pipes/bends I should get for my Z32/3071 combo? Can't remember the sizes of everything. I'm going to go for a t-piece in there, so I can route the dump valve back to the intake pipe, unless someone tells me it'll blow up if I do.

Fusion Ed

You will at the very least need it checked. Its too much too assume it will just work correctly.

Any pipework I can supply if you wish, or not, entirely up to you :)

Trondelond

Dont' get me wrong, I don't plan to fit it and drive merrily along without checking, it was more of a "the night before I drive to get it mapped"-type question! :)
I'd be looking constantly at the wideband lambda while driving.

And I'm all ears about the pipework, drop me a pm or throw something out here, entirely up to you! :D

GTIR-LOZ

it should be fine if you were to drive it to get it mapped the power fc should just convert the signal to run as the standard maf did

Trondelond

Thanks, GTIR-LOZ, just what I wanted to hear (I just wait for someone to give me the answer I want :p)

As for the piping, I think I'll have to do some measuring, as I'm going to try to recirculate the dump valve. Will have to get a t-piece of sorts I suppose.