Yet another DET sensor question!!! a bit different though

LeeSmith

Right, I know the det sensor will cause the boost to go down to something like 0.5bar and it will overfuel like a mo fo.

I had this last year. I bought a brand new det sensor and had it replaced. The car ran completly fine after.

The battery had been disconnected for many many hours as it has had the engine out before etc.

I haven't done a fault code check since as the cars been fine. But after seeing a few posts on here about det sensors etc, I decided to go and do a fault check.

It's come back with fault code 3-4 det sensor again.

But there is no loss in performance at all. Surely just the code will trigger the ignition retard? It has a mines ECU so maybe this has something to do with it???
Any help appreciated!!

LeeSmith

I had a feeling it was the old code, but surley this should dissapear when the battery has been off for 24 hours?

I was just wondering if it's stored in the mines ECU which might save the info rather than the OE ecu that doesn't have the facility to hold memory.

lol may be omplete b0ll0x but worth a shot.

does anyone know if it's the code that retards it of the actual detection/test of the fault

Jgti-R

this is the second time i've heard this problem!......interesting very interesting.....unfortunately not sure what to suggest mate
cant someone with the proper nissan diagnostics gear clear the code???

P

Paul Firth

LeeSmith said:
does anyone know if it's the code that retards it of the actual detection/test of the fault
Don't know for sure about that because I cleared the code as soon as I'd fitted my new one. You could just clear the code now and see if it comes back.

hmmm

Try and reset the ECU... Do the Fault Code Check and when 3,4 has flashed short the pins again to stop it. Then do the Fault Code Check again and you should see 5,5 as it has been reset. Then take the car for a 20 min spin so the ECU can detect all the sensors and try the check again.

When I changed my DET Sensor, this was the procedure I followed. It could all be complete rubbish though. :oops:

O

oz_R_Jr

Heyy LeeSmith!!!!

yeah i have the same problem!! and ive done everything and everything!!!
im a 2yr mechanic. (dont take that the wrong way! im still learing everything) :lol:

yeahh! did a 300km round trip! on the weekend! and the car went fine! my dad started it up next moring and it was runing like a bag of Sh#T. cough and misfireing. it happend to me about 2 months ago! the same thing!
34 has came up since i hav had the car. My car has a Chip in the ecu! yeah i was thiking the same thing like it could be because of the ecu! the code may just stay there! :? its performing like it should do!!
today i tork the car to work! and wacked it on the scan tool!! injectors are plusing fine! not long! timing fine! i was thinkin it was the fuel reg valve because it was reading 3 bar at idle which would be falt out! the vac hose from the fuel valve tees off and one to the gauge box infornt of the air filter! and the other hose gos to a black metal box. behind the motor look past the injectors under the plenum .you can just see it! well the hose didnt hav any vaccum !

i cheacked to see if it blocked or came off!!! can anyone tell me what that box dose or what it is! is it because it has 4 throttles to keep the vacuum even! anyways

cut a story sort!!!! everthings leading to the air flow metre! i disconect it and it runs alot betta! no smoke!!! the fuel reg valve gets vacuum!!!
afm sensor stuffedd and gives all the other senors bad reading and wacks it into a safe mode! the fans come on and wont rev!
im thinking the afm sends the wrong message to the ecu and the ecu sends the wrong message to everything eles!

i need to fine out more about the air flow metre! because im only guessing but everything leading to it!!
dose anyone know the pin out voltage at the three terminals!?????

had the same problem. or knows abit about the afm could help
thanks!!