YELLOW LIQUID LEAK QUESTION

A

Anonymous

May be a daft question but before my car was taken
into uncle ians there was yellow clear liquid with was dripping down from top of engine and evaporating onto down pipe.It happened about a week before my car was taken in.Any idea what this was cos evertime I stopped It was dripping down onto frontpipe.My power steering fluid was full to the top so confused as to what it was.Any ideas anyone?If you look at front of engine down the left turret there was a wet patch there.Also whilst driving it was evaporating throuigh vents (white mist)Im abit worried bout that any ideas guys.
It sounds like some pipe of something might have been disturbed whilst engine was out.Cant show pics cos obviuouly havent got car.

E

Edd

sounds like brake or clutch fluid

i think you should just scrap it :wink:

G

GTI-R Kid

Yellow liquid? Little gremlins under the bonnet pissing all over the place? :lol:

J

J-GTi-R

It's the paint melting onto the engine...

But seriously, it sounds like it can only be coolant if it's comeing from the top of the engine (although that's usually blue or green). Probably the headgasket, or worse a cracked head. Ian will sort it out either way.

E

Edd

or maybe some passerby pissed on it as they felt sorry for it being owned by you :p :lol:

A

Anonymous

Antifreeze? It can come in a greenish/yellow colour

brake or clutch fluid hmm not sure the clutch brake fluid was topped right up to the top someone mentioned it might coolant pipe might have a hole in if there is one???

Anyways Ill memntion it to the garage when other bits are done .It only leaks when car is driven around a bit thanks guys