would this fit the R's engine??

K

KevShek

a few of the DE guys got SS headers, some of them have already started to seriously discolour, almost rust like from the pics, they do look good, prior to fitting, but consider this before you buy.

3 months old on a NA engine!

boucherie

is there anyway to prevent this amount of discolouration as i dont fancy keep removing the manifold and giving it a good clean up each time that occurs, id never have my R on the roads, unless i used the manifold for show days?? :lol:

K

KevShek

yeah, if you spend more before you fit it, like a ceramic coating or swain coating, but why is it discolouring, that what you need to ask yourself, my guess, sh*t quality metal, and thats just asking for trouble. "Buy It Now" "Replace it Soon!"

skiddusmarkus

If DE owners are putting them on their engines,won't they be losing power&torque as the manifold is designed to flow more air than NA can provide without revving to about 15,000rpm that is :lol: .

K

KevShek

not that kit, its the header kit for NA engines, my point was, it comes from the same people, prolly using the same materials.

boucherie

looks like id better make me own manifold out of high quality stainless steel to reduce the discolouration effect, unless anyone else knows of a better material to use, or would i be best to leave it well alone!!

K

KevShek

you could just buy a tubular one, or alternatively, if you do have the skills, then get some 316L grade stainless from somewhere like Pipeline Center and make your own, cant see it being easy thou, too many things to consider.

ShayneG

P11GT said:
a few of the DE guys got SS headers, some of them have already started to seriously discolour, almost rust like from the pics, they do look good, prior to fitting, but consider this before you buy.

3 months old on a NA engine!

:shock: :shock: That looks like shit steel to me :!:

K

KevShek

has his discoloured like that one above? it could be a one off, but then again, you never know.