working gearbox needed

soin

as above guys .. lack of cash at the mo and scarce work situation has forced me into a spot with my R .. ive stripped 3rd on my box and garage want around £900 to remove box , overhaul and refit .. i aint got it .. dont want to be forced into breaking , car needs to be kept on the road , ive owned it for 9 yrs and put all my sweat blood and tears into her .. looking for a cheaper way to get her back on the road .. anyone have a good condition working box that they would be willing to trade for non motoring goods ? i have a road angel compact unit with radar gun detector , some nice jackets hardly worn .. a ralphy polo jacket and a hugo boss black jacket .. guitar multi effects pedal and vox amp ... need a box asap .. this would bring the cost of the repair down to around 400 gbp ...would need to be shipped to plymouth .. at my cost obviousley thanks

shroom

could you try and do it yourself?, there are some good guides and do it over a few weekends and nights its not too difficult

johnsy

could you try and do it yourself?, there are some good guides and do it over a few weekends and nights its not too difficult

getting your hands dirty is certainly a way of keeping the cost down:thumbsup:

GET STUCK IN!

jjs

hi there is a standard gear box for sale on the mods site £200.00 in notingham ,Jim ;-)

P

pulsarboby

yes olliecast has a cheap one matt which he said is all good, but you need to take into account the huge amount of power your chucking through it so how long it will last is another story!

soin

gonna run the car on low boost until i can afford the quaife option , low boost is 320 ish ... would have ago myself but have minimal mechanical knowledge . and i mean minimal..ive pm ed ollie about his box .. does sound a right steal .. but money is well tight at the mo ..