Wiseco pistons

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Anybody actually bought any of the Wiseco pistons on offer from Apex Performance Parts.

http://forum.gtiroc.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=12709

I've thought and talked about this long and hard, should I buy these or should I buy those.........................anyway I just bite the bullit and bought a set. I will be sending them off next week with block, crank, rods, OS Giken twinplate & flywheel and pullys e.t.c..e.t.c. for a 87mm rebore & hone and full dynamic balance.

E

Edd

i thought you had ordered some of the SRB cosworth pistons :?:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Well, I need some decent forged pistons this year not next.

Your guess is as good as mine as to when the Cossie pistons will be ready, it was supposed to be 5 weeks lead time that was 9 weeks ago and I've not heard a whisper, so oh dear!!!!

swearing changed to keep Hannie off your back :wink: - FAST GUY

P

paulrandy

I've had them for about 3k miles, what can i say, they work, they're quieter than JE's and i haven't broke em yet, only running 1.2bar though.

S

srbpower

Yep pistons are taking longer... quite a bit longer than was planned by both ourselves and cosworth. Basically this is down design spec changes and to us doing the whole package rather than just pistons. So crank, rod, pistons, liners, rings etc 2.something.

Just wish it could be done over night.

Soz
Si

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Even a free lollipop thown in to the deal, great no bull service from Apex Performance, cheers Bren & Ann