Wiring diagrams?

MarkTurbo

Does anyone know where i could get hold of a wiring diagram for the R?

I need to find out where the 4 wires on the ecu relay go (the one mounted next to the ecu).

Well actually i only need to find where 2 of them go. Its the 2 that energise the coil in the relay when you turn on the ignition.

I must have a bad circuit/connection on one of them cos the relay dosen't click in when the ignition is turned on :evil:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The white/green wire goes to pin4 on the ecu
The orange wire goes to pins 38 and 47 on the ecu, the afm and cas
The white wires are a feed through a 25Afusible link from the battery.

MarkTurbo

Fast Guy said:
The white wires are a feed through a 25Afusible link from the battery.
Do you know whereabouts they are in the engine bay?

I'm sure it must be one/both of these cos i've checked the wires that go to the ecu.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Just looked in my engine bay and they're down the side of the battery behind the headlight. It's labelled "FL25 Engine Cont"

MarkTurbo

Cheers Fast Guy :D

I've got another problem now though :evil:

It looks like one of those 2 white wires has earthed out somewhere (which might explain my probs) and now i've got an airflow meter fault :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: F**king car :x :x :x

The wiring to the airflow meter is ok, but does anyone know if you can test the airflow meter for faults?

Just hope the airflow meter isn't blown :roll:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Do you have 12v at the relay on the white wires? If not the fusible link might have blown.
Have you tried replacing the relay itself? That could be faulty?
Only other thing I can think of is disconnect all the plugs in the circuit and check to see if you can find a short somewhere.