Wires

STU666V

I have my dash etc back in and i have moved my battery and so on!! Was just thinking i should try and see if the car will start again! NOTHING!! I have 12V coming from the battery to kill switch, fuse, and then to new junction box where the old battery was. Well i have 12V when i remove the 2 smaller wires that used to go on the + at the battery. When i put the old main big live on it's fine still 12volts but when i put any of the two smaller wires on it just drains the volts down to about 1 or 2 volts?? What are the two smaller wires that connect to your + on your battery? and where do they go?

Any help would be good as i am looking for the petrol and some matches :doh: PIFF PAFF POOF gone :thumbsup:

jjs

im sure they go to the fuse box 12 volt supply, and the other is from the alternator to the battery for charging the battery.if you want the kill switch to work, you will have to put the wire from the alternator to the battery through the kill switch as well , or the supply from the alternator is enough to keep the car running even with the battery isolated, if that makes sense <

STU666V

jjs said:
im sure they go to the fuse box 12 volt supply, and the other is from the alternator to the battery for charging the battery.if you want the kill switch to work, you will have to put the wire from the alternator to the battery through the kill switch as well , or the supply from the alternator is enough to keep the car running even with the battery isolated, if that makes sense <
Ok Thanks for that.

When i put all the live wires on the battery it's fine until i put the ignition on and it just drains all the power away?
Cant think what i have done? Where the main fues box is in the car the 3 blue square things ( relays?) thay click when i turn the key but that's about it? No ignition light or anything?
Just beside the main fuse box there is a plate just behind it with 4 X 6 MM studs with an earth wire on it? This wire is cut but can't see where it should go? Maybe just an old wire?
Away to have an other look :roll:

STU666V

Well that's me back in!
I removed the dash and clocks again but all seamed fine? Put it back together but still nothing?
I got a spare battery and jump leads and connected it to the junction box where the battery used to be and put the earth on and she started ;-) So i removed all the earths and cleaned them still nothing?
Where the earth was connected to ( bracket) i removed the bracket and cleaned the other end and she started again. Thank god ;-) A hole day wasted but at least she is going!!