Window wipers and wiper blades

paz

Pretty much a common problem on the R I'm guessing.... the black paint on the metal of my front and rear window wipers has started to flake off.... I was going to sand this down and respray it myself but then I realised I might not get the best finish, so two questions:

1) has anyone done this, and what kind of result did you get?

2) how much is it to buy a new set of front and rear wipers for my car (the metal section).

Also, as my car is coming up to its MOT in a couple of months I reckon I'll prob have to buy some more rubber wiper blades, anyone got any idea how much these are, and can I get them from a main nissan parts dealer?

Cheers

paz

kirko

you should be able to get a good finish just takes a little patience to sand them down properly if they are a matt finish its easier coz it shows up less flaws in the paint, i got my new blades from a local motor factor i believe they are the same as normal sunny

J

jasegould

I did mine about a year ago, sand them down to bare metal , apply a coat of etch primer (as its bare metal, helps the paint hold), then normal primer if you want them a coat of matt black.

Shaun

:D I did mine with a wirebrush in a drill,then went to Halfords for a tin of PLASTICOTE(thinks thats how it's spelt :wink: )matt black £6.50ish,goes on anything and can be re-coated anytime :!: Jobs a gooden :!:

paz

cheers all, will prob have a go at spraying them myself then. Can I buy a new set if I fuck it up? :S :lol:

paz

Mr GTiR

paz said:
cheers all, will prob have a go at spraying them myself then. Can I buy a new set if I f*** it up? :S :lol:

paz
come on mate not even you can fuck this up :roll: :D :twisted:

paz

Mr GTiR said:
paz said:
cheers all, will prob have a go at spraying them myself then. Can I buy a new set if I f*** it up? :S :lol:

paz
come on mate not even you can f*** this up :roll: :D :twisted:
oh trust me, if its fuckupable, I can do it :p :lol: ;)

paz

LeeSmith

that happened to mine - sanded them down to bare metal and polished them up - they come out quite nice after a bit of autosol!

ill see if i can find some pics for you.....

LeeSmith

paz said:
I'll prob have to buy some more rubber wiper blades, anyone got any idea how much these are, and can I get them from a main nissan parts dealer?
i got the front ones for just less than a tenner from nissan and the rear one was about £3!!!! well cheap from nissan (surprisingly!!!)