Window washer - no bottle, no wiring

FPSChris

As in the title. Can anyone tell me where I can tap into the loom to wire in a new pump and bottle?
I'm moving it to the boot but I have no point to start extending from. Tried the stalk but couldn't work out the feed for the pump

whytie

Put a volt metre on the plug on the stalk, easy test.

I personally would just unplug the original plug on the water bottle and just extend it to were every you want it. That way all the wiring loom stays neat and tidy. I hate bad and stupid wiring.

FPSChris

I tried :/ Got a reading on the pink wire when pulling the stalk and the wipers moved as they should when spraying but when I tapped into it with the pump it did nothing. Pumps fine, I wired in a live on a cheapo rocker switch and it worked.

I was going to use the original plug point... but it ain't there! Whoever did the fmic had higher priorities and it shall be replaced with a proper fmic as it weighs a ton. I have pipes and I have a pump but no feed from the stalk.

Was hoping someone had been in a similar situation and found a feed in the cabin.

whytie

Check on the drivers side engine bay just after the fuse box, the original wires and plugs seperate there from the loom to go to the pumps. Might find some chopped wires there?

FPSChris

I'll have another look tomorrow. I've had the whole thing bar engine and tranny off today to asses. Didn't see any rogue wires bar ones for a water temp display, could be those... snipped and linked up to the gauge in pod.
I'll take dash out, got some wiring behind there to do anyway. It's a monstrosity! I know it's going to be a track focused car but I don't want spaghetti mocking me while I drive