Will EVO 7 SEATS fit?

Drift God

Hey guys,
was looking to upgrade the front seats in my R but retain the factory kind of look. i bought a set of evo 5 seats but they were to wide to fit so sold them on.
Was told the evo 7,8,9 seats are narrower and should fit. Anybody tell me if this is the case? Cheers Chris

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I suspect the issue is always going to be the subframes; the driver's seat is really odd, so the issue may be more trying to get the replacement to sit square and level.

Drift God

Yea think even up to the evo 3 had the same type seat. just thought with the 7,8, and 9 being blue it would match the rest of my interior. gonna be hard to find in decent condition though. :?

John

I have the Evo 8 seats in mine, they sit a bit higher than standard but not being the tallest this is actually a bonus for me as it aids alround vision. I would think it would be an issue for anyone over 6ft though.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
The original Nissan seats aren't exactly light either; it's all that metal brackets and adjusting mechanisms.

Drift God

I have the Evo 8 seats in mine, they sit a bit higher than standard but not being the tallest this is actually a bonus for me as it aids alround vision. I would think it would be an issue for anyone over 6ft though.
Hey john what sort of modification did you have to do frame wise to get the evo 8 seat in?

John

Hey john what sort of modification did you have to do frame wise to get the evo 8 seat in?
Very little, used the standard seats runners and what not but I did need a bit of box section from memory to account for the transmission tunnel.

Drift God

Very little, used the standard seats runners and what not but I did need a bit of box section from memory to account for the transmission tunnel.
Thanks mate, least i know it can be done. still trying to get my hands on a decent set of seats.