WI solonoid adjustment

M

memski

Just wondering how to go about adjusting the solonoid so that the pump comes on at a higher boost pressure. I presume you have to adjust the screw at the top of the solonoid?

Anyone have any ideas on how I can check to see what boost the WI comes on once I've adjusted it? Cheers.

M

memski

Fastguy, it's all underbonnet - the only way I can think of doing it is to turn the screw :roll: and just keep an eye on the water and see if it's being consumed after a week or so.

Sorry, WI - water injection.

Keira

Memski,

I'm planning on fitting a little light that will be wired in to be triggered as the pressure switch does it job.

Without it the only way to see what pressure the WI comes in at is to pull the tube off the jet and poke it out of the bonnet so you can see when the water comes out.

I have used this technique myself, originally out of curiosity to see when my WI was activated and more recently to be a "just under .9 bar pedestrian squrter " :shock: :lol:

This i find very amusing 8)

To adjust the pressure switch its a quarter of a turn clockwise equals 3 psi. Factory set at 10 psi.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I thought it would be. I was thinking of running a wire to a bulb either just outside the back of the bonnet or into the car, only temporarily.

M

memski

kieron said:
Memski,

I'm planning on fitting a little light that will be wired in to be triggered as the pressure switch does it job.

Without it the only way to see what pressure the WI comes in at is to pull the tube off the jet and poke it out of the bonnet so you can see when the water comes out.

I have used this technique myself, originally out of curiosity to see when my WI was activated and more recently to be a "just under .9 bar pedestrian squrter " :shock: :lol:

This i find very amusing 8)

To adjust the pressure switch its a quarter of a turn clockwise equals 3 psi. Factory set at 10 psi.
Hehe, pedestrian squirting - will do that method :twisted: Cheers Kieron.

A

AJ4

Yep, you alter the boost pressure by turning the screw in the top of the boost switch, IIRC its 1/4 turn for 1 psi.

BTW, the switch is designed so that you can connect a standard LED across it so that it illuminates when it switches on.

A

AJ4

Correction, 1/4 turn = 3 psi

Factory set at 10 psi, and turning it clockwise 1/4 turn increases to 13 psi etc.

M

memski

skiddusmarkus said:
Memski-an expensive fix to cheap problem would be the DDS2.It displays when you're water is being injected and lets you know if the nozzle is blocked.They look nice too,which should appeal to you :wink: .
LOL

Thanks guys :D

O

Olly

Blue LED wired either side of the switch works for me 8) looks nice at night on full chat, i set mine to come in 1 bar 8) you still running 1.4 Mem?

M

memski

Yeah Olly, have been meaning to change the boost that the WI comes in at for a while now :)