WHY IS GTIR TURBO SMALLER THEN EVO's??

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
1) R has a Garrett T28, the Evo 4 has an IHI ( i think? - correct me if I'm wrong)
2) The R was developed years before the Evo 4 and put out 227bhp factory figure in Japan, whereas the later Evo 4 puts out approx 276bhp Factory figure.
3) Smaller turbos generally spool quicker than larger turbos, so less lag and more acceleration.
4) Whats it matter as you should be whupping his a$$ in the 'r ;)

Cheers,

donpulsar

EVOBAD

the evo runs a tdo4 unit which is a lot better than the t28 the tdo4 will run 360bhp allday wher the t28 wouldnt last 5min at that boost

J

justin666

EVOBAD said:
the evo runs a tdo4 unit which is a lot better than the t28 the tdo4 will run 360bhp allday wher the t28 wouldnt last 5min at that boost
Shame the EVO 4 engine wont do that all day then really aint it :lol: :lol: :lol:

J..

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
donpulsar said:
2) The R was developed years before the Evo 4 and put out 227bhp factory figure in Japan, whereas the later Evo 4 puts out approx 276bhp Factory figure.
I think it'll be down to that one mainly. Why fit a turbo that can produce say 350bhp, when you only want 220odd out of it. The Mitsubishi makes 50bhp more so obviously needs a bigger turbo to run that power all day and be reliable. The T28 could happily make that power, but may not be so reliable over the years.

Gray

Think if the turbo was bigger they might of bothered to make the gearboxes out of something other than melted chocolate.

gtir bean

im sure the evo has a td05?the td04 came on the old vr4 engines.the one i had was a td04 14b i thing.the evo 3 has a td05 16g or something like that.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
serks2 said:
This may be a really silly question!! but why is mu Rs turbo smaller then my cuzens EVO4??:)

:director: BECAUSE IT JUST IS!!!... Now stop asking stupid questions....

If you have anymore like that, then the people here will be able to help - www.nissangtir.co.uk

Rishi

O

Olly

yeah but remember Evo's run nearlly 1.1 - 1.2 bar standard i believe and a stock R is about 0.7 bar!

1 bar R = 275 bhp so not alot of differance to evo really, just the evo turbo can make more power with that turbo than the R at the same boost pressure.

O

Odin

The evo 1/2/3 turbo is a lot smaller than the gtir, And that's the evo you should be comparing the R with not the latest 4/5/6/7/8/9 evo because their a lot newer and have had loads more development.

Rob

A

AJ4

My Pulsar is red, but my cousins Evo is white ? What the ****s going on there then ? :lol:

EVOBAD

evo

Olly said:
yeah but remember Evo's run nearlly 1.1 - 1.2 bar standard i believe and a stock R is about 0.7 bar!

1 bar R = 275 bhp so not alot of differance to evo really, just the evo turbo can make more power with that turbo than the R at the same boost pressure.
EVOS RUN 0.7 as strd the same as the pulsar:roll: :der:

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Right.....a turbo is a turbo, they do the same job, be happy with what you have - not what you dont have & cant achieve!

:roll: :tsk:

EVOBAD

Thunder God said:
The evo 1/2/3 turbo is a lot smaller than the gtir, And that's the evo you should be comparing the R with not the latest 4/5/6/7/8/9 evo because their a lot newer and have had loads more development.

Rob
wel i no for a fact that the evo3 is quicker in a straight line than the evo12456789 but loses out on handling 2 the 456789 :thumbsup:

O

Odin

EVOBAD said:
wel i no for a fact that the evo3 is quicker in a straight line than the evo12456789 but loses out on handling 2 the 456789 :thumbsup:

My mate has an evo 3 and I've seen the turbo on that and it's tiny :shock: .

Rob

stumo

D-Fens said:
My Pulsar is red, but my cousins Evo is white ? What the ****s going on there then ? :lol:
I think you're just trying to troll it too much.........:lol:

P

powerfreack

Thunder God said:
My mate has an evo 3 and I've seen the turbo on that and it's tiny :shock: .

Rob
they arnt the biggist turbos on a evo 3 theres plenty more cars out there with bigger turbos so yes they are pretty tiny

can remember from when i had my evo3