who's running Ksports?

huu-raa

hi folks my suspension is on its road out and looking for an upgrade.
a few of my mates run the whiteline springs which seem good

i know ksport / D2 ect are basicly the same stuff , looking for peeps that have them fitted just so i can see how the car sits n looks on diffrent ride hieghts ect .
so if you have them can you post some pics up please

also where did you all buy them from the cheapest i hav got is £610

cheers .

P

papdog

I've got G-Force ones which are also the same. I bought mine on a group buy and paid £545 IIRC. Haven't got any pics at the moment unfortunately.

Quite impressed with them especially for the price

Graham

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I have the D2’s and they are spot on, some people mention about the hardness, but I find it quite acceptable and drivability is excellent. They can be a little hard on cobbled/uneven roads, but for track and street use they are sport on. They have D2's on ebay for a decent price.

iirc coxie posted some settings that were a great help as a bench mark for setting up my D2‘s, and then I worked from there.
As for ride height its not too low nor sky high, good enough to miss speed humps, but ensure that when it takes to a track or road its planted to the tarmac and doesn’t let me down.:-D

Best £600 or so performance parts you can buy for a GTiR imo :thumbsup:

Last edited:
O

Odin

I have the K-sports and overall I'm pretty happy with them, They are a bit hard over bumpy roads but are very solid on track 8) , But they are a right pain to set up and you will need to get the alignment done as it will be way out after fitting them.

If I where you I buy them but take it to an expert to fit and set them up to make sure you get the best possible out of them ;-) .

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

stumo

yep, setup is the most important thing you can do (and don't run it too low either)

Thunder God said:
I have the K-sports and overall I'm pretty happy with them, They are a bit hard over bumpy roads but are very solid on track 8) , But they are a right pain to set up and you will need to get the alignment done as it will be way out after fitting them.

If I where you I buy them but take it to an expert to fit and set them up to make sure you get the best possible out of them ;-) .

Rob
Why do you say they are a pain to setup?

Bit time consuming yeah but I didn't find them too bad to sort tbh.

O

Odin

R called Jay said:
Why do you say they are a pain to setup?

Bit time consuming yeah but I didn't find them too bad to sort tbh.

I bore easerly and all that taking the hub's off and adjusting them pi55ed me right off :roll: :lol: .

Rob

nickr

Sorry to hijack your thread...
But are the ksports rebuildable or servicable if they were to require any in the future?

bracpan

In life you get what you pay for, if its much cheaper its normaly for a reason and that means either lower quility, materials, or manufacturing tolorances etc etc. Tein for example is a very good quility product and rebuildable/serviceable plus they dont go to stupid hard spring rates to try and get the car to handle. (unlike a few other manufactures, well known ones to, which I have driven).
I have raced on my Tein's for 2 years and they have been totaly reliable and do what they said on the box. Plus they were easy to fit and adjust.
Would recomend them to anybody. Unlike some of the others.
Cheers
Phil

O

Odin

So Phil, "Do you like you're tein's then ?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

nickr

The problem with Tein ss's are they're made of mild steel and they rust. The threads in the adjustable collar after a few years begin to degrade and crumble.. and i believe thats not covered under warranty

I've seen this happen to several of my friends cars, although not specific to the gtir

Anyways, stiff spring issues can be remedied with buying a custom spring from the eibach ers line

Last edited:

nickr

i've found a group buy on the k sports, however they're coming out of the usa. the regular kontrol pro's arent that cheap, but the inverted ones i found are quite the steal, im going to order a set. PM me if you want me to put you in touch with the groupbuy fellow.