Who's a rip-off merchent then?

A

Adamantium

As a new member of this forum and someone who is soon to be an 'R' owner, I will most likely be purchasing parts etc - sourced from this forum in the not-to-distant future...

However a few posts that I've seen (which have subsequently been deleted due to them being off-topic in the thread that they were posted in) have suggested that there are known scammers / rip-off merchants active on these forums.

Being new and not knowing anyone's reputation, I'd like to know that anyone I'm likely to deal with is honest and can be trusted.

I would think it is in everyone's interest to know who these people are, so name and shame away!!

O

Odin

That's what we use the PM facility for old chap, So the forum doesn't get into trouble by posting this type of stuff up for the whole world to read D'oh.

Rob

A

Adamantium

So the forum would get in trouble for allowing a post that informs people of a dishonest person actively using the very same forum for ripping people off? :?

I would have thought it would do more damage to allow these people to continue to rip people off - using this forum as a medium?

Doesn't do much for the forum's rep?

P

pulsarboby

:doh: i should have kept my big gob shut really, just anoid me that eveyones picking on kieron and others get away scott free, just pm me and il enlighten you!

Last edited by a moderator:

gunmetalgtir

Was there not a rip off merchant on here a few years ago? I think it was around the time that I joined, took loads of money off of people for parts or something then done the off IIRC.

Think there was a picture of him with his name and address as well! :lol:

GTIROC's most wanted springs to mind?

O

Odin

Adamantium said:
So the forum would get in trouble for allowing a post that informs people of a dishonest person actively using the very same forum for ripping people off? :?

I would have thought it would do more damage to allow these people to continue to rip people off - using this forum as a medium?

Doesn't do much for the forum's rep?

We wouldn't allow anybody yo stay a member if we had proof of wrong doing matey :doh: :roll: , But you would need absolute proof before slandering someone all over the forum, Wouldn't you agree ? ;-) .

Rob

A

Adamantium

Odin said:
But you would need absolute proof before slandering someone all over the forum, Wouldn't you agree ? ;-) .
It sounded like that's exactly what bobby has from what he said in the other thread..
Your comments above suggest otherwise, so i shall indeed continue this over PM.

geoff pine

gunmetalgtir said:
Was there not a rip off merchant on here a few years ago? I think it was around the time that I joined, took loads of money off of people for parts or something then done the off IIRC.

Think there was a picture of him with his name and address as well! :lol:

GTIROC's most wanted springs to mind?
The most wanted was clarkey Pm donpulsar for more information but he did rip of a few people .

P

pulsarboby

yep it sure is!
needs a chimney sweep now, not a tuner:doh: