whoops, Think Ive broke it..!!!

J

justin666

Hi..

Just after a bit of help... After many joyous miles of big boosted fun I think I may have finially hit my first major problem and it could well be expensive. :? :cry: Just typical as we are on the verge of show season.!!!

My car has started smoking and im not talking B&H..!!! She still seems to drive OK (ish) but when i lift off the throttle Im gettin puffs of blue smoke out the back and its poppin and bangin like a goodun 2. Now I know everyone is gonna say "have you done a compression / Leak test" to which the answer is "no, not yet". I cant get anyone to do it for me until later in the week.

So, I was wondering if anyone could kinda point me in the right direction as to whats gone wrong.?? Im thinking either one of two things, Piston rings or valves.??

Thanx guys (and gals) for any help you can offer.

Laters
J.

J

J-GTi-R

Collapsed ring lands is a possibility, I'm pretty sure Ginga had the same symptons when his went.

J

justin666

bugger..!!! Just remembered my cars booked in for an MOT next week to.!! wonder if it will fail..??? :? :? :oops:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
justin666 said:
bugger..!!! Just remembered my cars booked in for an MOT next week to.!! wonder if it will fail..??? :? :? :oops:
It depends if it's messing with the emissions, if it ain't it then depends if they see the smoke. :wink:

J

justin666

BOOOO..!!! :( Car failed MOT.. BUT not for the reason I was expecting. All I need to get her thru is a new set of Toyo boots as apparently mine are a tad on the slick side :oops: :? :twisted:

Car drove perfectly to the MOT center with only very intermitant blue smoke. The only other clue i have that summet is not quite right is my oil pressure guage in slightly erratic. Start the car it sit at about 5 on the guage, warms up drops to 4. nothing wrong with that. Drive for a bit and it will rendomly drop to just over 1 for a few secs and then back up to 4 again.... hhhhmmmm.. :? I love Pulsars :D

Laters
J.

J

justin666

IF... its was my rings that have died would this show up on a diagnosics test.?? eg, Misfire on certain cylinder..?? If I do a diog it comes back 5&5 which is slightly confusing.!! :?

Still havent managed to get a compression test dones as yet but Hopefully Mr Ashbhp is gonna sort that out. But, I have a theory.. If it is my turbo that is slowly dying a death that would explain why the car still feels like its running OK and explain the dodgy oil pressure. SO, the very small misfire i have on tickover could be down to a bit of oil from the tubby fouling the plugs.. Does that sound possible..?? Still might get the engine rebuilt anyway but atleast just replacing the turbo would keep me going for a bit longer 8) :D

So the next question being, Where can I get a hybrid 28 from..?? As I dont want HUGE power this will do me fine :)

Cheers guys
J.