Who would fit these??

B

Brett G

If I was to buy an Apexi AVC-R and a SAFC II who would fit them and does it all need setting up properly if I'm going to bring the boost up to 1bar?
I phoned a tuner and they said they will only fit items supplied by themselves :cry:

Any advise guys?

Brett

jameswrx2

They are quite easy to fit (wiring wise). It's the setup of the SAFC that needs a tuner really mate.

Instructions showing ECU pinout and where you need to splice the wires for the units should be with the units, if not they are available on the net.

J

J-GTi-R

I've fitted an S-AFC and it was simple, took me about 1/2 an hour, wouldn't imagine the A-VCR would be any more difficult, but you do have to plumb in the boost solenoid, which take a bit more time.

M

memski

Both easy to fit if you know what you're doing, just set the SAFC to a neutral map so it runs off the stock ecu until you can get it to a tuner.

But, tbh you won't need the SAFC unless you want to run more than a bar. To run 1bar safely all you really need is an uprated fuel pump, and your ignition timing checked/ check for det.

B

Brett G

Thanks for the advise guys :wink:
The only reason that I asked was because I could have got those two units very cheap together but the oppertunity has sadly passed me by now :cry:
I'm going to go down the uni-chip road and let powerstation set it up on the rollers!