white smoke

the chief

hi guys. i sold an engine to someone , they have fitted it and now theres some white smoke coming from it. When i had then engine it ran perfect with no problems. He says hes checked everything but we dont know what it could be. Also i dont know how long he let it run for so maybe it could be some water vapour. Any one know what else to look for?

Last edited:

dj1qy

i dont think its condensation it doesnt even idle rite jus cuts off and its a silly amount of smoke plus the car doesnt sound rite http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/qq337/dj1qy/?action=view&current=Video0009.flv theres a video of it you cant see the smoke as much on here but u can hear the sound. at 1st i thought it was the z32maf that was faulty i tried another maf which didnt seem to resolve the problem. i had an oversized inlet i had put on the car i then put the standard one on still the same. the timing has also been checked. all help appreciated.

GTiR-Aholic

I had similar issue with a Hilux Surf Jeep I bought which was a roll over, it starts and drives but was parked up nearly 12months during the insurance claim payout.. It starts and drives but puffs white smoke and on kick down covered the street in it lol. I bought a small bottle from Sebrons and apparently it helps with all the water seperation in the fuel tank which can occure from leaving it standing over long periods of time.

Worked a treat for me.. I've tried googling it but can't find the one I used.. Give Sebrons a ring and explain the problem, it wasn't more than about £5-6

gtirjoey

that smoke is black aint it? sounds like its badly overfuelling doesnt sound likes it missing on one particualar cylinder just running like a bag of shit as said fault code check....