White GTi-R wanted

T

trell

Hi there,
I am looking into entering the pulsar world and I have done a lot of research about them over the last few weeks. I have to choices that I am looking for,

Firsty :- White GTi-R standard as long as there is no rust.

or

Secondly :- White GTi-R 300 bhp on one bar with front mount, uprated fuel pump, bigger injectors, boost controller, turbo timer. no rust!!

The reasons that I am looking to buy a GTi-r is to do trackdays and hill climbs. so seats dont have to be in brill condition.

I currently have a Gti-6 306 atm but is up for sale or i am willing to px.

My limit on spending on the buying a modified car is £3500. for the standard one £2000 max

Would be very greatful if any one knows of any or would be willing to px??

Regards Tom

I am so excited about joinin the R team!!!

A

alana

Welcome to the club, you'll be lucky to get a mint standard r for £2000

T

trell

yea?? what price should i be looking at?? thanks for the welcome

A

alana

Have a browse through the for sale section and then you'll get some rough ideas.

davey red.r

and you wont get a one without rust either, there 17yr old now, those with no rust, have been recently treated, but will return,in time like any car made of steel.

T

trell

i have spoken to the guy and hopefully goin friday to have a look!!

insurence is another thing who do you guys recomend for a 19/20 year old??

JIMMYBACK

2k for a mint white R.no chance fella let alone a slightly modified one:shock: 3.5k for 4 k will be a more reasonable amount fella you can get cheaper but there cheaper for a reason:doh: check out pulsarbobys site i sure theres a semi decent one on there for sale at 3.5k a few sensible mods its just a shame its not white o well thats life.
good luck on finding one yourve deffo come to the right place for advice;-) and welcome to the club:thumbsup:

saddler

trell said:
i have spoken to the guy and hopefully goin friday to have a look!!

insurence is another thing who do you guys recomend for a 19/20 year old??
:shock: your going to pay big time....

Marty-Gtir

Welcome to the club pal......, you will be hard pushed to a get a decent one for that sort of money, like JIMMY said the ones which are cheap, are cheap for a reason....

Try Adrian flux for insurance.... they use a company called Highway, although ive heard some people have been shafted by them, Im with them tho and they seem ok....
Oh and good choice of colour.... White Ones are deffinately faster...... lol :thumbsup:

davey red.r

white ones are faster:doh: funny that had a lad lusting over my red r last week, saying thats lush that mate,
red as well ,they are definatly the quickest r :der:
tryed to educate him that the colour of the paint means jack.

red white grey black, all left nissan with the same ponies ,imports 10 more, easy peasy.

T

trell

just had a quote off flux through today! 2400 tpft.....

thats a 19 year old no no claims habe a policy on another car, also i have 3 points for a bold tyre/

is that good or bad???

they were genrally quoting me 4000!!! had one of 9000 lol god there funny lol.

4 days till i am a true GTi-R man whoop

John

trell said:
just had a quote off flux through today! 2400 tpft.....

thats a 19 year old no no claims habe a policy on another car, also i have 3 points for a bold tyre/

is that good or bad???

they were genrally quoting me 4000!!! had one of 9000 lol god there funny lol.

4 days till i am a true GTi-R man whoop
Difficult to say if its good or bad if you dont give us any info!

I mean is it a limited mileage policy, wheres the car kept, how long have you had your licence, fully comp or tpft, mods declared and what security are you claiming the car has?

At the end of the day the fact your 19 and have points on your licence which doesnt help and of course the car is group 20 = expensive insurance and stupidly high excess!

Clarky

tbh most companies won't even consider insuring u on an R till ur 21. Though I've got a friend who's 19 and managed to insure their jap import supra under a parents name with them as a 2nd driver even tho the company initially claimed they won't insure anyone under 21. Think it was a company called Sabre that did this.

Marty-Gtir

who was that with pal ??? thats a bit cheaper than mine and im 23, have you got a lot of no claims bonus for that price?

gunmetalgtir

Marty-Gtir said:
who was that with pal ??? thats a bit cheaper than mine and im 23, have you got a lot of no claims bonus for that price?
That was with Bell Direct mate.

I only had a years no claims at the time

I'm 23 now with 2 years no claims and my insurance is £800 fully comp! :-D

Marty-Gtir

gunmetalgtir said:
That was with Bell Direct mate.

I only had a years no claims at the time

I'm 23 now with 2 years no claims and my insurance is £800 fully comp! :-D
You must live in a pretty good area im paying 1600 tpft and am 23 with 3 years no claims :doh: guess its cos of all the lil bastards knickin peoples car stereos around my end..... will give them a call though and see if its any cheaper.....
Cheers matey :thumbsup: